When I said I'd be blogging here everyday, I mostly meant that I'd be blogging here as much as I wanted to/had time to/sorry I lied.
So, now that that's off my chest, I probably should tell you that committing to blog more during finals season is just dumb. I had an exam this morning and though I could have been more productive and blogged yesterday, I didn't. But what I did do was make two gym trips: cardio in the morning and yoga in the evening. I had the same yoga instructor I had on Saturday. Her name was Lauren and I've never had her before. She was a big fan of lunges yesterday and oh man, my quads were not a fan of her by the end. But I did like how she came around and adjusted people in their poses. I only got adjusted once, but I appreciate instructors who make sure you're feeling the right thing and actually getting something out of it. And my hamstrings and hips really opened up during that session, so I'm glad I went. That being said, Daniel is still my favorite.
Anywho, I'm coordinating a scrub drive at my school for my trip back to Uganda and found out about a great organization right in Grand Rapids that donates medical supplies to developing countries. It's called Rays of Hope. If you find yourself with a little change to spare this holiday, please donate to them! I'm heading there on Saturday to pick out some things to take to the hospital in Uganda to help them out maybe just a little bit. And the best thing about Rays of Hope is that they'll give these medical supplies to me all completely free! That's huge! And so, so awesome.
And update on where I am fitness-wise. Well, I ate a lot of peanut butter today and never really had a proper meal - it was just snacking when I got hungry due to today's pretty hectic schedule. I also didn't make it to the gym due to today's schedule (exam, two hours of lecture, orthodontist appointment, required presentation about my refugee family I've been helping), but I'll be heading there nice and early tomorrow morning!
Catch you guys later!
No comments:
Post a Comment