Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Physical prowess

So falling asleep last night was stupid. Like 2.5 hours of stupid. Seriously. My body can't turn off the worry. I read until my eyes are tired and then I still can't sleep. So what was going to be a restful 7ish hours of sleep turned into a not-so-restful 4.5 hours. Booo.

Anywho, today we had our epidemiology (it's formally called biostatistics, but whatevers) exam. I really like math and statistics, so I wasn't too worried about the exam. I did just fine and left after about an hour (though we were allotted 3). I hit up the gym and was feeling all good about myself. Then I got home and watched the lecture I skipped and now I'm in the midst of doing some pharmacology. But, the excitement doesn't stop there.

So, one of my favorite yoga instructors (Daniel) told us last week that doing head stands improves your ability to focus. He didn't know why, but he'd heard that. So, I decided to do some headstands at home. Obviously, I still had to use a wall, but I was pumped that I could do it. Then I decided to try my hand at shoulder stands because in class, I usually don't even try to do them (mostly because they look hard, but also because I've never been taught). So, I figured out how to get into the pose and then played around with it. After that, I figured, why not try doing a bridge/back bend (since I've always been to scared to try that in class)? Bam. Was able to do that too. What up?!

So, basically, today was awesome because of my physical prowess. Passing epidemiology with a pretty legit score? Who cares? 

No comments:

Post a Comment