Friday, October 5, 2012

Morning thoughts

So my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning and I knew I had to get up right away or I wouldn't be able to go to the gym and get ready in time for class. So, naturally, I laid in my bed wondering if I could go at another time because I was so, so, so tired. If I didn't go to the gym now, maybe I could go after ethics was done at 10...? No, because I hadn't read the nutrition article yet nor had I done my share of the stimulus questions for my infectious disease group. Okay. Maybe I could go after class, but before I met with my friends to go over drugs...? No, because once you leave school, you don't want to go back. Okay. Maybe I could go after we got through talking about drugs...? No, you're not going to finish going over drugs before the gym closes at 9. Okay. Well, maybe I'll take today as my rest day and go on Sunday (which is my supposed rest day). Yes. Yes, that is a good idea. I won't have to rush as much and I might actually enjoy my run rather than worry about how fast I'm going to have to shower and get ready. Yes. Yes, let's do that. 

So, I got to go back to sleep until 7:22, when I woke up, rushed through a shower, blow dry, make-up, proactiv routine, lunch gathering, and stuff packing. It was totally worth forcing myself to get ready in 28 minutes. And yet, I'm still exhausted.

Anywho, sorry for the lack of updates. The big exam is on Monday. My eating habits haven't been as great as last week (they're not bad - they're just not as on point). My picture taking has been uh, pretty pathetic. But, my gym time has been good and I've been enjoying my exercise. My biceps are coming back and I've already gotten my belt in one more notch without feeling like I'm going to explode. So, I'm going to call that progress. The scale isn't going to show as much progress as I'd like, I'm sure. But, I'm okay with that. Slow and steady. And with med school trying to kill me while I'm trying to better myself, I think that any loss is a good loss. We shall see come the weigh-in on Monday.

Also, I don't know how many of my close friends in med school read this, but for those that do: thank you. Thank you for tonight and for taking some time out of your lives so that we could do non-med school chatting. You ladies are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment