Today I woke up super early again, got dressed for the gym, and then, once again, decided against going since my stomach was still a bit unsettled. And because I'm lame. I really need to get back on my game. Because even though it was super difficult to get up every morning last week, I can honestly say that I felt a lot better.
At work, I didn't do much except learn about the industry online again. So, yeah. An eventful morning. Sheli, on the other hand, was having a rough morning dealing with our UK counterparts, so she suggested we go to lunch at Big Apple Bagel's. I got my favorite sandwich ever, the smoked turkey and havarti on an everything bagel. And then we went to the bakery next door and I got this little gift from heaven:
You can see some of the things I learned today in the background (yeah...coolant leaks...super exciting!) It wasn't as delicious as I thought it would be, but I ate the whole thing anyway.
During the afternoon, I picked up my knee braces and talked with Amy (the brace lady) about how to put them on properly. They're not nearly as awesome as I was hoping they would be. They feel really weird, but they're supposed to completely unload my joints when I wear them.
They're also way bigger than I thought they'd be (that's what she said). They extend about 7 inches above my knee and about 8 inches below them. But I know I'm going to have to fight the men off me when I'm wearing them at the gym. Also, they come with a cute bag so I can tote them around with ease.
Anyway, I'm kind of nervous about my weigh-in tomorrow because the numbers aren't looking too good. Guess we'll have to wait and see! Stay tuned for what will probably be my first weight gain since I started the blog. Booooo.

I SAW TIM GUNN SPEAK TONIGHT!!! Just wanted to start off with that gem right there. Also, I'm pretty disappointed right there with you about your numbers, hun. You definitely don't want to jeopardize your safety driving in bad weather, but you can't use it as an excuse, and I heard it twice this week? :( Let's get through tomorrow and pump it up for the rest of the week and through next week, k?? I totally KNOW you can kick some gym butt with your sexy new braces!! :D Love you!!
ReplyDeleteThose braces are gigantic! You'd better wear them on Friday, you will be fighting off the men. lol.
ReplyDeleteDanika, I don't even know you, but I want so badly for you to succeed! I know that can do it!!! I want you to know you've inspired me to try being healthier. I make a point of making extra trips up and down the stairs at work. I've started watching what I eat and sticking to portion sizes. I even started going back to yoga again. I hope you know how much reading and following your story means to us all. Keep trying, Danika! We're all behind you every step of the way!!!!
ReplyDelete