Sunday, April 3, 2011

At least my gym schedule is more consistent than the weather...

One of the things I love most about the weekends is that I can sleep in and then go to the gym for as long as I want without having to worry about being late for anything. So, on Saturday, I spent a good two hours there doing some weight and cardio stuff. Then I came home and made an amazing breakfast.
Typically I wouldn't have time to make all this gluttonous goodness food, but since it was Saturday, I could take as much time as I wanted.


After breakfast, I showered, went tanning, and headed back to Lisa's house where I was dog sitting. Once there, I decided I was still super hungry (probably because my metabolism was still up) and made lunch with the last of all the deliciousness I bought from Trader Joe's about a month ago. Lunch was gnocchi and some salad with some amazing dressing the Genoveses have.
It says "Trader Giotto's"
Lunch!
After lunch, I continued marathoning 30 Rock. I took a brief break from this difficult task when my mom came over with wine and pizza. Best mom ever. We sat at the dinner table for a good hour and a half chatting and enjoying each other's company. Honestly, she's basically my only friend in Midland so I really enjoy spending time with her. After she left, I went back to my marathon and ended up going to bed around 11.

This morning, I really didn't feel like going to the gym. I wanted to go grocery shopping, clean my apartment, and do a lot of medical terminology. I was flirting with the idea of just not going, but after talking with Jim online, he convinced me to go. So, I drove my butt over to the gym and did 45 minutes on the elliptical. By that point, I had burned about 550 calories, was pooped, and decided to just stretch and head home. Once home, I hopped in the shower and then came out to find this little gift waiting for me:
Ughs. I got in the shower and it was raining. I get out of the shower and there's snow. I hate Michigan. And in case you were wondering, it's raining again. That means the roads are going to be treacherous tomorrow. Awesome.

Anyway, since I really needed to get to the grocery store, I decided to brave the snow. I thought about putting it off, but my fridge was looking pretty empty.
So, I went to meijer and was hoping to find the amazing dressing that the Genoveses have, but no, meijer didn't have it. They had two other dressings by this company, but not the one I wanted. Boo. But, I found other ways to splurge.
I bought new protein powder! This puppy cost me $18.50. And, I also splurged by buying myself one of these. Technically, it wasn't a splurge since it cost $0.74, but it's a nutritional splurge.
I love orange flavored chocolate. I don't know why, but I do. So, initially, I put two of those in my cart. But, I decided to put one back. After all, I don't need two, I just wanted two. And knowing me, I'd eat both in the same day and botch my calorie ranges. Not that I'm really tracking today...hence the delicious bowl of mac and cheese for lunch/dinner.
But, I did buy a lot of healthy stuff for this week so my one day of mac and cheese is no big deal.
I'm most excited about the organic oranges and all the organic Stonyfield yogurt I got (they have "smooth and creamy" yogurt that doesn't have chunks - thank goodness!). But I'm even more excited about going to Ann Arbor next weekend where I can restock my fridge and freezer with lots of good stuff from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's!

Anyway, I must be off. I have a lot of 30 Rock to watch cleaning and homework to do.

What kinds of splurges do you have when you go grocery shopping? Do you have any favorite grocery stores?

4 comments:

  1. Last time Jim visited we wondered through Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. It was a lot of fun. I bought some sweet potato gnocchi at Trader Joe's, I haven't eaten it yet but it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello light of my life! I'm so glad you are having a good week. I have yet to go grocery shopping... LOL. Regina threatened to come down here and do it for me. I said yes please :D I went on a long trail ride today. My horse was a bit stubborn but I def had lots of fun! My bum bum hurts like HECK though!! So much trotting! I'm glad you're sticking to your diet and exercise. Just don't let the mac and cheese go to your head. Remember, you had cookie cake this week too! I want to see more than a 0.2 drop on Wednesday!! Good luck! Love you!

    xoxooxoxoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anna: That sounds really delicious. Perhaps I'll have to get some of that this weekend.

    @Lisa: I'm hoping for more than 0.2 pounds too! Now, get your butt to the grocery store!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to know who these Genoveses are who have such wonderful dressing and where they may have procured such a delight. :) Lisa, get that info from your dad for me, huh? :D

    I am SO with you on the whole "chunks in the yogurt" thing! I hate fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt and really prefer no chunks. I have found that I really like Chobani. They have a vanilla and a honey that are both very good!

    I must admit, from time to time, I do splurge on a box of spiral mac n cheese. :) It's one of my all time faves. Also, you asked about favorite grocery stores and I have to say, I miss Meijer. :(

    Lisa, get to the store!

    ReplyDelete