Last time, I was 226.2, so needless to say this was a tad disappointing. But before you jump to the comment section to tell me that you're ashamed of me, let's talk about today.
This morning I didn't wake up for the gym. I have personal training on Wednesdays and I decided that I'd just do some extra cardio either before or after my workout to make up for not going this morning. I was just too tired, despite the fact that I went to bed early last night (11:00 p.m.). But I did wake up early enough to eat a good breakfast!
This morning, work was super lame. Carrie complained a lot, I didn't have much to do, and I just didn't feel like being there. I spent
After the luncheon, I went back to work and finished up some stuff that I had prepped in the morning. Then, I did some monotonous data work-up, and was left with nothing to do, so I stole Sheli's 30 tubes and prepped them for her out of sheer boredom. Then I played more solitaire, got fed up with the boredom and left early to go home, have a snack, and put on my sexcessory since I promised Mark I'd wear it on Wednesday.
![]() |
| Half of this was a snack for me - yum! |
Don't worry, your arousal is nothing to be ashamed of. Just kidding. It's not so sexy, I know. And because it cuts into my leg and rubs my thigh raw, I have to wear this damn sleeve underneath it to protect my skin. It's basically like wearing a legging that never touches your butt or ankle. Yeah, it's awkward.
At training today, Mark and I worked out outside. He told me to stand in the sun to get some color. I told him he should just share some of his melanin with me (he's black...that's why it's funny). But, training kind of sucked. He kept trying to get me to do some exercises, but they either hurt my knees or I couldn't do them because I'm still super out shape. And maybe I was having a bad attitude, but I was really frustrated. You'd think after training for 5 months and working out pretty consistently that I'd be able to do more. But I still suck.
At the end of the workout, I told him that I was disappointed and nearly started crying. And then I think I made him feel bad because he's doing the best he can in terms of working with my crappy knees. But we've decided that it's time to ramp up my workouts from this point on. We're going to focus more on cardio and I need to focus more on my diet.
On my way home, I did cry a bit, but decided that instead of wallowing in self pity (which would result in eating my feelings) that I would go rollerblading (or as I like to call it "blading," so it sounds more bad ass). So after a delicious protein shake, I pulled out my rollerblades and transformed into a blading bad ass.
| My blades |
After blading, I came back in and made another salad for dinner. It was awesome, per usual. And because it was so gorgeous outside, I ate it on my balcony.
| Salad o' awesomeness |
| View from my dinner seat |
Dairy-free green tea ice cream? Um, yes please. But it turns out that since it was made from coconut milk, it tasted more like coconut than green tea. HUGE letdown since I hate coconut. I had about one spoonful and shoved it back into my freezer. I shall be giving it away this weekend.
After dinner, I chatted with a few friends, watched Modern Family (since my cable is still free!) and am now blogging. I should have cleaned my living room like I said I would, but you know what? No one else is living in this filth and I just didn't want to.
All in all, today was kind of crappy and disappointing. I'm disappointed that I gained weight, I'm disappointed that I'm still super out of shape, and I'm disappointed that the green tea ice cream was not nearly as delicious as I hyped it up to be. But, life is full of disappointments. I just have to keep on trucking. Or perhaps I should change that phrase to "I just have to keep on blading." Yeah, that's definitely more bad ass.
What are you doing now that the weather is nicer? Do you prefer exercising indoors or outdoors?



Hey Danika!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that your day was so disappointing, and yes, I'm upset that you gained weight. But you know what? You can lose that weight, plus some! I know you can do it, you just gotta keep on blading! I'm so proud of you for going and working out more to ease your feelings tonight. That is so awesome! And healthy! You're one of my oldest and bestest friends, Danika. Nothing makes me so happy as to see you succeed, and despite your setbacks on occasion, there is ALWAYS something positive in your blog! I am so incredibly proud of you. You're doing what you set out to and you're sticking with it. It's a very admirable trait. Kick some more butt tomorrow! You can do it!!!!!! All my love and hugs from Tennessee! <3
PS: we can blade every day I'm in Midland in May, and your living room better be clean when I get there!
ReplyDeleteHey love--
ReplyDeleteI know this weigh in was disappointing, but I'm glad you're using it as motivation to keep going instead as a reason for self-pity. Always remember you have a support group behind you during your journey that you can lean back on from time to time!
Much love,
AJS
@Lisa: Today it is 41°F, so I didn't blade. But hopefully it warms up soon and stays warm when you're here!
ReplyDelete@Anthony: Thanks for your love and support!