So, let's recap this week. Wednesday morning, I went to work and discovered my boss and his boss wouldn't be in until the afternoon. With literally nothing to do until they returned, I caved to the
I went to work Wednesday afternoon and my boss told me that I needed to assign experiment numbers to all forty-five of the samples I had already prepared and labeled. So, I got to re-do my labels while trying to stop my nose for getting snot on everything and continue breathing. At one point, I laid my head on the lab bench and proclaimed
Thursday I spent the morning sleeping/in a stupor and decided since I was feeling better that I would volunteer at the hospital. This was a poor choice. I ended up becoming semi-feverish (I was sweating profusely which is how I assume I had a fever since I don't own a thermometer) and was happy to go home afterwards. However, I must say that the ER was pretty laid-back this time. The only exciting things were a drug overdose (on some new amphetamine) and a drunk guy.
After volunteering, Danny came over for a bit and then Anthony came over! Anthony was picking his cat up from Sagnasty (a.k.a Saginaw, for those of you who want the non-colloquial name) where she was spayed and declawed. I'm not entirely convinced that Rosie (Anthony's cat) is 100% cat because she has a squirrel-like tail and she doesn't meow - she yaps. Anyway, I'm glad the vets thought she was mostly cat because it was lovely seeing Anthony.
Friday morning, I woke up way too early (in sick person time - normal for a healthy person), also known as 8:45. I promised Mark that I would go check out Fitness Together, a personal training facility that he's thinking of co-owning with the current owners. He asked me (his favorite client), his girlfriend (my competition), and one other guy he trains (who is obviously not as loved as me) to check it out and give him our thoughts. Basically, you get a free session to help you decide if you want to do this. Now, let me stop right here and make a suggestion: if you can't breathe, maybe don't go to the gym. I did pretty well in terms of my free session, but I did have to stop once so I could breathe, and I was dying of thirst the whole time (which, in case you were wondering is called polydipsia - or the condition of much thirst - yeah, medical terminology studying).
Afterwards, I was told that my legs are pretty tight (duh, I hardly ever do lower-body exercises cuz my knees suck) and that they'd love it if I signed up. I'd love to sign up too. The problem? It's $42-$48/session. Uh, not going to work. When I talked to Mark about the whole experience later, he told me they market to people who make $100,000+. Uh, that is definitely not me. So I told Mark that if he leaves, I'm not going to be able to follow him. He said if he did, he'd try to pull some strings. Bet he's not doing that for his girlfriend (because she probably doesn't pay at all, but that's beside the point)!
I came home and pretty much collapsed in bed and napped for oh, I don't know, uh, five hours? Then I went over to my mom's house where I was pitied for being sick and pathetic. Thus, she made me dinner: a meatloaf sandwich and cheesecake. Win.
Saturday and Sunday I pretty much kept it low-profile doing stuff for my medical terminology final and organizing my music since I lost 8 months worth of music (which is almost a full-term music baby). I also spent a lot of time at my mom's getting fed yummy food and doing laundry for free (this is pretty much the only perk to living in Midland again).
Anywho, since this blog was mostly text, here are the only pictures I found on my camera.
Yup, real healthy.
Tomorrow I shall start taking pictures again, doing a daily affirmation, and logging all my food. I also plan on starting a page tomorrow where I take a screen shot of my daily totals so you know that I'm logging. However, since I'm still on the sick side of life, I'm going to go ahead and do my gym time in the evenings this week rather than sacrificing sleep. Don't hate.
How was your Easter? Do you celebrate it religiously or with chocolate bunnies or both?

Hellllooo my darling Danika! I'm so glad you're feeling better! I don't have too much to say since we've chatted the last couple days, but I love you and I'm proud of you. I'm excited for you new page and to read more affirmations. I printed out a pic of the "Who's awesome? You're awesome!" dog and taped it up by my mirror :) Tee hee. Got up early for sunrise service yesterday. Totally worth it! Had a LOVELY dinner with James and Nika at their uncle's house. He makes amazing food... I miss you SO MUCH!!! xoxoxo <3
ReplyDeleteI studied. That's what we do in law school.
ReplyDelete