As I get used to blogging more again, I'm trying to find a schedule that feels doable. Because I'm a very all-or-nothing type of gal, I feel like telling myself I'll do this every day is a set up for failure. Because if I don't do it every day, I'll feel like a failure and then I won't do it at all. So, to avoid losing a tool that i am trying to use to help myself, I will shoot for 3-4 times a week.
Today was a day off for me, which is always my favorite kind of day. Oftentimes I overschedule myself on days off because I don't get much time to do stuff I need to do for me. Today, I tried to keep it pretty minimal: lunch with Stephen and an orthodontist appointment. I ate a big lunch because it seems every time the orthodontist and his cronies change out my wires, my teeth hurt so bad that eating is really hard. Today it didn't seem as bad as usual. I can still chew without significant pain, so either it's coming or it's not bad for the first time ever. I'm hoping for the latter.
I also got in a workout today that I was proud of. On my way home from the orthodontist, I stopped at Walmart to get my Wegovy refill and was thinking in my head about how late it already was. I was stressing myself out because I wanted to beat Nasur to picking up the kids, mostly because Reyah got in her head that I was going to be the pick up parent that day, which I rarely am. So then I got to thinking that I wasn't going to be able to do a full hour's worth of exercise. And because I'm all-or-nothing, I felt like because I couldn't commit to an hour of exercise, it wasn't worth it. But then I told myself that so what if I took an additional 20 minutes to do what I needed to do for myself? The kids were safe and taken care of at day care. I was worth the extra 20 minutes that I didn't want to give myself. But, I decided to compromise. I told myself I'd do 48 minutes instead. That felt doable. So, I headed downstairs to do the elliptical. Normally, I'd go to the gym and do the treadmill for some cardio, but I thought the elliptical would be a better idea because randomly, my bunion is really hurting me. It's literally never done that before and I wondered if all the walking would exacerbate the pain. So, elliptical it was! And I kicked the elliptical's butt today. Six months ago, this 48 minutes of elliptical would have kicked my butt. But, not today. I've developed more stamina and it's noticeable to me during workouts. I'm proud of that. I got a good sweat going and Nasur ended up picking up the kiddos so I had enough time to do a rinse off after. I'm proud of how far I've come. Now to keep going!
Today's weigh-in because I was curious. A little up from my last one because I haven't been exploding, lol.





I like this mentality! It's great you recognize what will work and what won't. I'm also glad you're feeling better. Keep it up!!
ReplyDelete