Thursday, April 27, 2023

Morbidly obese no longer

Adoring fans! Sorry for my absence. My mom is here and I'm soaking up some Nana time before she leaves on Saturday.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my life insurance folks. I was gathering Nasur's health information and calculated his BMI - 22.8. I don't think this is an accurate reflection because the man has lots of muscle mass, but it's a good BMI nonetheless. Then I calculated my BMI. It's obviously a larger number. It's 39.0. But you know what? I'm no longer in the morbidly obese range (which is a BMI >40). So, now I'm just plain old obese and not morbidly obese. Obviously there's room for improvement, but it's still something! When I restarted my weight loss journey, my BMI was ~44. So, I'm going to take my 39 and work on making it a smaller number, but also be happy with the fact that it's no longer 44.





2 comments:

  1. YES!!!! Way to kick your BMI's ass!!! That is so awesome Danika. I am so proud of you! I'm so glad you're getting healthy and strong. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new BMI is AWESOME!! Well done! It takes time but those numbers are showing your progress, not to mention you've probably added a little muscle to the mix that increases your weight. This is a health journey though and moving to a different category is a huge feat!

    ReplyDelete