Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Distressed

Me: Here I go, winning at this weight loss thing
GI system: The fuck you are
Me: Calm down there, slugger
GI system: The fuck I will
Me: Please?
GI system: Get fucked
<Entering GI distress mode>

For those of you just joining this broadcast, I've been taking ozempic/wegovy since about September of last year. Hit a major road block in December when I went up to 1.0mg and had literally 20-30 episodes of explosive diarrhea daily for 5-6 days. I stopped taking it and started all over in January and slowly titrated up my dose so as to avoid it this time around. Soooo, that didn't work. In case that wasn't painfully obvious by the above communication. 

That being said, Reyah had a GI bug two days ago, so it could also be that. I also majorly upped my fiber to try and avoid diarrhea with this increased dose, so maybe that backfired on me? Who knows, but suffice to say, work was not fun and a lot of explosions occurred. Thankfully, I was able to hold things in for between patients and then scurry home as fast as possible and take some zofran and lay in bed. Nasur has done all the evening duties so I could just worry about exploding when needed. Really hope this improves by tomorrow otherwise clinic will be miserable.

Send happy thoughts to my GI system!
Breakfast pre-GI distress

Lunch while distressed

Tried to settle my tummy with some toast - did not work


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your GI distress. I hope things clear up more quickly this time. I'm so proud of you for sticking to your lifestyle changes through this! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete