Thursday, April 20, 2023

Guilt-free relaxation

After work today, I had initially planned to go to the gym and kill it with some weight lifting. I did some weight lifting yesterday, but wasn't able to do all the machines I wanted because there was just a constant string of folks using them. So, I left without doing it all because I figured I'd go back today. But, instead, I opted to read my book and take a nap. And it was glorious. No regrets. In order to make these changes sustainable, I have to allow myself to take guilt-free breaks. I'm working on not guilting myself right now, to be honest, because I feel like I really should have exercised since my mom is coming in to town tomorrow and I probably won't exercise tomorrow, but that rest and relaxation was totally awesome.

The whole fam is pretty pumped about Nana's visit and I'll try to post updates. We've got a busy weekend ahead though, so we shall see.


Family toothbrush photo

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Look at you being kind to yourself and loving yourself and doing self-care. I love this!!! You are awesome. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your momma and I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete