Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Resonation

In my undergrad physiology course, I distinctly remember the professor asking us if we thought folks who were super in shape would sweat more or less than folks who weren't in shape. And we were all like less, duh. And she was like, "Hahaha, losers! You're wrong! It's more." Or, you know, something to that effect. Basically, she was trying to explain that a body that is used to having to cool you by sweating gets you sweating earlier and has a more robust response. So, that's why I was sweating so much during my work out today. Because I'm so in shape! 

Yes. That's definitely it.

It could also be because I upped the ramp on the treadmill from a 3% incline to a 4% incline. It honestly didn't feel that much harder, but I accidentally/semi on-purpose looked at how much time I had done (38 minutes) and I was so sure it'd say at least 45 that I was discouraged because I just wanted to be done. So, I told myself if I still felt like I wanted to be done at 45 minutes, I could start my cool down early. But you know what? I just did the whole hour because I'm not a loser like my physiology professor may or may not have thought. Bam, motherfuckers. 

In other news, while scrolling Instagram, I came upon this post by Erica FitLove which really resonated with me:


For those of you unfamiliar with Erica, she rose to fame when she became a trainer for Biggest Loser. She lost hella weight on her own and became a trainer recruited for how awesome she was. And here she is, in the same boat as me. And you know what? She's right. Starting over is hard. But, here we are doing it anyways.



1 comment:

  1. Yay! You did the whole hour! Because you're awesome and determined. Rephrase that negative thought "because I'm not a loser like my professor may or may not have thought". Who cares what she thought? All that matters is what YOU think about you. All that matters is YOU taking charge of your life and your health in the best ways that work for YOU. Good job sticking to it and getting your sweat on!! And now I have a new IG account to go follow :)

    ReplyDelete