Sunday, April 30, 2023

Gym envy

While my mom was here, I took her to my gym to check it out. Right now, she is a happy Planet Fitness member back home. But, the closest Planet Fitness to where we live is about 20-25 minutes away. My gym is more like 8-10 minutes away. So, I was hoping she'd like my gym. But she didn't. My gym doesn't have a ton of machines and it really only has one of each machine, so if someone's using it, you have to wait. She told me that she hated that. And I was like, you know what? I hate that, too. I've left without finishing my workout because I can't get the machines I want. So, I decided to check out another gym today: 24 Hour Fitness. 

This gym is less than a mile from the gym I currently go to and my friend Stephen goes there. He used to go to my current gym but left because they are very slow to fix any of the machines when they break and that annoyed him. Anywho, I texted him Saturday and asked if he'd take me along as his guest and we went today. This gym was so much better. It had tons of machines, more weight lifting benches, and weights that went up by 2.5 lb increments rather than 5 lbs. So, I felt like I couldn't do 20 pounds yet, but was able to do the 17.5, which isn't even an option at my current gym. I'm thinking I'll try to do a guest pass tomorrow during the time I would normally go to the gym to check out what it's like at the time I would most likely be using it.

Today I also did a weigh-in. My weight has been all over the place this week. I had major diarrhea from Wegovy from Sunday to Thursday. It was pretty miserable. I felt fine, but I would just need to explode and it was pretty draining in terms of energy. It also woke me up from sleep, so it caused me to lose some sleep. I also ate hella pizza and some cheesecake once the diarrhea finally stopped. My mom and Nasur decided to do a little birthday celebration while she was here and got cheesecake, which is always amazing.  

I'm hoping for a 1-3 pound weight loss by this time next week. Keep cheering me on!



1 comment:

  1. Yay new gym! I'm so glad it went well and I hope you get there today and get a guest pass to try it some more. I'm sorry your meds are giving you GI issues. I know how that feels... I'm happy to see you lost a pound since your last weigh in pic! Even with pizza and cheesecake. I love you lots, you're doing amazing, and I'm cheering for you!!!

    ReplyDelete