Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Excuses, updates, photos, and minor steps forward and backward

I know, I know. It's been a long time since I've gotten on this dear old blog and done something. Man oh man, do I have a lot of excuses for you: impending board exams, weddings, fiancé visas, general lack of motivation, etc. Also, I've been gaining weight, so who wants to blog about that? Not me!

But, I am. I've been gaining weight this month for a few reasons. Number one is obvious though: lack of activity and good food choices. I'm on primary care this month and holy moly, it's a cush life. Not only are the hours amazing, but I basically don't move when I'm in the office. I kid you not, I wear my fitbit and am lucky if I log 3,000 steps from leaving my apartment in the morning to coming home. Pathetic. I can easily get all 10,000 steps in on an OB day. So, there's that. Number two reason: I have been stress eating like it's my job and I'm working overtime. I've also been bingeing (which is what I meant by stress eating, duh, so ignore the "also" in that sentence). Number three reason: going to the gym is so hard when overall you're feeling lazy and stressed. So, yeah. That's that.

Today, I took a few minor steps towards getting back in the swing of things. First of all, I made my personal trainer weigh me in and do measurements. I also was very frank with him that I needed him to remember to do bi-weekly weigh-ins and that if the responsibility were to remain with me that I would simply let them go by without doing anything (hence the last month). He was very receptive to that. Second of all, I got rid of most the tempting, not-so-good for me foods in my apartment (by eating them all yesterday...besides the point). Third of all, I printed out a calendar for myself to X the days I go to the gym so I can visually see my awesomeness. That's it. It's a start. I was doing so well until this month and then...blah. So, eff that. October will not be a wash. I will make October very dirty (cuz that's the opposite of a wash...?)

These two got married!
Bride's side
Bride's pretty hair!
So pretty!
Cold couple
Head table
Wish I'd eaten more of this...
This barn didn't really do the heat thing...
In my officiant/bridesmaid get-up
Doctor photo (in a bathroom - I'm classy)
Tomorrow will be a great day cuz I'm going to go to the gym and study up a storm and eat well and all that good stuff. I'm not going to do a weigh-in until Monday cuz I don't wanna so you'll have to wait to see my backwards progress ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally posted! I check your blog every day or two cause I have it saved to my internet home screen on my phone. I've made myself go to the gym 3 times this week, which is 3 times more than the past month. Kick butt in the gym and with your diet! Love you.

    ReplyDelete