Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day four of my one week challenge

Today was an awesome day four of my one week challenge. I got out of work early enough to get a nap in and hit the gym before the after work/5pm rush and do my strength training without having to wait for any machines or weights. Baller. I also got some reading in and practiced some knot tying. I'm teaching some third years how to suture and tie knots tomorrow, so I needed to brush up a bit on my own. I also made a decent dinner and set up my food for tomorrow. 

The biggest thing that I'm doing this challenge that I've been having a hard time doing is good food planning: I've been packing food and I've been having legit dinners rather than just munching on food when I get home from work. I'm going to have to keep myself motivated and keep that going because it's definitely helped in the calorie department!

Also, I finally applied to all my residencies today. Yesterday the site crashed and so they took the site down until today and reopened it at 9 am. Thanks to getting out of work early, I was able to come home and review everything at a leisurely pace and then called it good and paid a buttload of money to have people consider me for their program. Hopefully some good comes of that!

And here are today's photos!
Breakfast (with baby bananas!)
Packed snacks
Pre-gym fuel
Post-gym snack
Post-gym protein
Another post-gym snack
Pre-dinner snack
Dinner
This takes forever to cook, so normally I don't have the patience to wait
Dinner
Practicing tying
Today's positive: Lisa's rocking out on her version of the one week challenge - check out her blog to see for yourself! Also, productivity for me! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I love your progress!! And every time you say "Baller". Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've spent a ton of money and are going to a residency for medical school. YAY!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete