Friday, September 12, 2014

All my weigh-ins since March 8, 2011 and a new challenge

So I decided upon updating my weigh-ins page that I should put all the weigh-ins I've ever had (since getting this computer and uploading my photos) on that page. And it became clear to me that you can see when I was working on losing weight (and had lots of weigh-ins) and when I didn't give a shit (I weighed myself 4 times in 2013). It also has become painfully apparent that this is the heaviest I've weighed since March 8, 2011. 

Then this thought occurred to me: This could either be just the motivation I needed or something else I'll choose to write off. I'm hoping it's not the latter, but lately...yikes.

You see, tonight I went to Zumba for the first time since spraining my ankle 3.5 weeks ago and it was probably the least fun I've ever had in Zumba. First of all, I went back way too early. My ankle was definitely not ready. It wasn't painful per se, and I'm not really hurting now, but I just didn't feel stable. And I half assed it because I didn't want to do any more damage because some of the moves did cause some painful twinges (nothing that's lasted or bothering me now). I think weights and the elliptical are going to have to be my friends for the time being. And that's okay. But I got really down on myself and afterwards, I nearly ate an entire pizza. I told myself yesterday that it was okay if I had to modify or couldn't do anything, but what I should have realized is that it's me I'm dealing with and modifying and not being able to do something the right way was going to bug this shit out of me. So, I'll go back to doing things that I can do well, that burn calories a bit more effectively, and don't make me feel shitty about myself. I will probably put off going back to Zumba until after my one month rotation in North Carolina (which ends October 24).

In the mean time, I need to get tracking and get my butt back to the gym. Sooo, I'm going to start a one week challenge (which I'm going to con my friend Lisa into doing with me). It's going to be an extremely hard challenge for me because I have a lot of shit going on in my life right now (residency applications, an away rotation coming up, some relationship worries, some financial woes, etc.) but I think I need a challenge to make myself see that I'm worth the work, that I can achieve my goals, and that I sometimes require a bit of force to get back on the horse.

So, this week's one-week challenge begins at 12:01 a.m. Saturday, September 13 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, September 20. It includes:

  1. Some kind of workout everyday
  2. Tracking all my calories
  3. Packing food and not buying it
  4. Weighing in ONLY on the 13th and 20th.
The reasons this is going to be hard: I've been being so, so, sooooo lazy lately and it's hard to get yourself into a routine again; tracking calories is hard because next weekend I go home to celebrate my Mom's birthday (and I'll have to bring my food scale and my willpower); and because packing food sucks major. Weighing in only twice should be no problem. The scale and I aren't exactly friends right now because its honesty is a bit too much.

I'd also like to set an end of the month weight goal tomorrow as well as an end of the year weight goal. I also want to work on some sort of list of 10 things I love (I was going to write "like" rather than "love," but I think I need a little push in the self love part of life right now too) about myself to post in my bathroom so that I have to see it several times a day.

Alright, I've got 11 minutes to prep myself mentally for this one week challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment