Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Exploding melons

Did you know that watermelons could explode? Me neither. You see, I typically buy two watermelons every week because it's summer and they're in season and they're almost out of season so I must have as much watermelon as possible before that happens (read: I really like watermelon). So when I woke up this morning and saw that my watermelon had a crack down it, I was confused. I thought maybe Bailey had attacked the watermelon, but there was juice coming from it, so maybe not. And then I touched it and it felt pretty hollow. So I guess it exploded and then juiced everywhere?
Exploded watermelon
So, yeah. Four garbage bags later (had to layer it to make sure it didn't leak), I had that cleaned up. The nice thing was it kinda smelled nice. But I'm bummed that I have less watermelon, but it could've been worse.

In other news, the big test is tomorrow. I tried to keep today as normal as possible because I don't need to stress myself out. First thing was a gym trip. I pushed myself a bit today in terms of getting my heart rate up which lead to a great workout. I felt awesome after. I came home and studied some more. I'm going to do a bit more review before bed and then I'll be up about the same time tomorrow so I can hit the gym before I go take the test. I want to get my blood pumping and endorphins going before sitting for 9 straight hours...

I went and checked out the testing site today (it's about 10 minutes away from my apartment) and took a look at the locker situation. The lockers are a bit small, so I'm not sure what food I'll end up packing. I picked up a Jimmy John's sandwich for tonight and I grabbed one for tomorrow too since my other option would have been making my own, which wouldn't have kept as well in a locker. I'm thinking I'll also take some zucchini bread, some pretzels, a fiber plus bar, some grapes and some blueberries. Watermelon doesn't keep so well without some refrigeration. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go the 9 hours without getting hungry. It's hard to take a test while you're hungry. 

Other than that, good luck to me! I'm off to review a bit more. Here are today's pictures (apparently I never took a picture of my lunch today - whoops):
Breakfast
Post-gym protein
Looking more like an ankle everyday
Swelling is going down!
My foot is still a bit strange color-wise though from all the bruising going away
It looks dirty, but it's just blood breaking down, I promise
Afternoon snack
Dinner for tonight
Dessert (there are 2 slices there, btw)
Today's positive: not freaking out about my exam and trusting myself.

1 comment: