I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's just that when I get off track, I stop blogging. And last week, I was waaaay off track. It all started with not sleeping enough Monday, getting pretty sick during the week and figuring, "Eh. Screw it. Who needs to go to the gym and eat well more than one day a week?" Um, me. Thanks for pointing that out, scale.
Since I'm up a few pounds, I wanted to set a new goal for myself. In exactly two months, I head back to Uganda. So, in exactly two months, I want to lose 20 pounds. I know that's pretty hefty. But if I can avoid binge eating and manage to stay on track with going to the gym, I know that I can do it. It averages about three pounds a week. So, my goal for next week is 217.2 pounds. I promise to post what I've got.
Also, I want to celebrate something small (read: HUGE) for me. Today, I ran a mile at 6.0mph. Yesterday, while I was doing my 5k, I decided to challenge myself and see how fast I could run comfortably and I settled at 6.0mph. So, I figured I would try doing that for an entire mile today. I know, I know. A 10 minute mile really isn't a big deal. But, considering I started at 5.0mph, I think it's pretty awesome. We'll see if I can run my 5k tomorrow at 6.0mph. Since I've been taking walking breaks every mile, I'm pretty sure I can pull it off if I really want to. Guess we shall see.
Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty crappy and bureaucratic. But, it was my friend Sarah's birthday, so we went out for some Indian food tonight that was pretty delicious.
Also, the company was great. And when I got home, I helped my sister name her new kitten. Welcome, to the family, Winston! What an adorable little guy.

congratulations on fastest mile ever! what a great feeling. that IS a huge deal, don't brush it off - be proud of it!
ReplyDelete