Saturday, November 26, 2011

And again...

Alright, folks. Let's get real for a hot second (or a cold one - you can choose your own adventure). Since starting medical school, I have gained about 10 pounds. Not good. And every time I say I'm starting over, I fail about two days later. But not this time. This time, I have a bit more motivation.


Why? Because I'm training with Mark over my Christmas break and I will be humiliated when he weighs me in only to find I've gained weight. And also because my sister's going to be doing it with me this time. Sorta. So, I want to stay motivated to keep her motivated - you know, to show her that you can achieve your goals if you put your mind to it. So, what's going to change, you ask? Well, no more of this daily weigh-in stuff I've been doing. It's once-a-week from here on out. Why? Because you can lose your motivation pretty quickly when you step on the scale and you've gained four pounds in a day. Not saying that I have, but it's just not a good feeling to gain anything. So, back to weigh-in Wednesdays. Next up, I will resume taking pictures of all my food (once I find my camera) and posting for you guys as much as possible because it helps keep me accountable. I'm also going to try my darnedest to log calories. I may even start looking at other tracking sites besides SparkPeople - especially if any of you any suggestions. And lastly, I'm going to get my butt to the gym as much as possible. I'm really good about doing this for about a week and then stopping, but now that I have a bit more motivation, I think I can do it. We'll see. Med school tends to get the best of you when you least expect it.


The last thing I want to do is take a picture of myself everyday. Not because I love looking at myself (let's be honest, most of the time, I hate it), but because I'd like to track some physical changes in addition to having yet another source of motivation (like seeing 80 chins). So, here we go again. On Wednesday, once I've weighed in, I will establish a new, legitimate weight goal.


Feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, random thoughts, [constructive] criticism, or let me know how you're journey's going.


Thumbs up for starting over!

2 comments:

  1. I started using My Fitness Pal to log calories; I really liked the mobile the app they have. I never really used Sparkpeople for anything except the blog so I don't know what to say about it. I actually think I am going to start using Weight Watchers points to track my food again, I need a change!

    Good luck, I know how you feel about losing motivation and gaining weight when you put all your energy into school. I recently recommitted as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beautiful! I can't wait to see pics of you every day! I'm so excited for Christmas break. One quick lunch did not satisfy me! I need more Danika in my life! I hope that actually seeing physical changes as you lose weight will help keep you motivated :) Your clavicles are so sexy! <3

    ReplyDelete