I played with the puppies a bit and then headed back to my apartment for a shower and lunch before my required Health and Wellness seminar. I also had a weigh-in:
Not so good. But that's okay, because it's a good place to start.
Then I decided to make some Sloppy Joe's for lunch since I'd be able to make enough for a few days. I really like being able to just reheat food rather than make it anew - especially because I never know when I'm going to be able to cook a good meal.
While I was cooking up my Sloppy Joe's, I munched on some of the watermelon I cut up yesterday. For some strange reason, it tasted like dirt. So I didn't finish it. Womp, womp.
But I was nearly done with the Sloppies so I wasn't too concerned. And then, the power went out. And the Sloppies weren't done. Major womp, womp.
So, I quickly packed up a lunch and went to school to begin streaming the lectures I missed so I could get 13 solid hours of sleep.
I made a PB&J sandwich, packed up some strawberries and grabbed a yogurt. I ate my lunch while facebooking and then I watched some genetics. Afterwards, I headed to my required health and wellness seminar. Then it was back to watching lectures. After the muscles lecture, I headed home and finished up my Sloppy Joe's while watching the Anatomy lecture and eating a Luna Bar (since I can eat those again - I gave them up for October).
And of course when the Sloppy Joe's finished, I had to eat one while they were still hot. Yum!
Then I finished the anatomy lecture, bid Bailey farewell and headed to the gym.
I ran for about 30 minutes - I had to stop to walk twice for about 3 minutes total. I know, I know. But I'm super out of shape after taking some time off from the gym. I also did some strength training which was amazing. Now that I know all the muscles of the upper limb and their actions, it makes working out a bit more fun since I can see them in my head while I'm working them.
After the gym, I decided to order some pizza from Peppino's Pizza since my friend Curt told me it's amazing. On my way to pick it up, I grabbed a salad from Wendy's so as to keep it a bit healthier.
And here's a picture of the medium pizza I ordered:
It was huge (that's what she said). After dinner, I watched some of the second part of the physiology lecture and then took a break to watch Modern Family. Now I'm updating you and I'm trying to work up the motivation to finish the lecture. I think I'm going to go ahead and give myself until 10 to veg and then head back upstairs to finish up the lecture and prelab for tomorrow so I'm not behind. Tomorrow we only have 3 hours of lecture. Pwhew. But, I've still got a pretty packed day:
We've got lecture from 9:00 a.m. until noon. Then I get a short lunch break. At 12:30 p.m., I am interviewing a prospective MD/PhD student. Then I get to have a small group discussion from 1-3, lab from 3:15-5:15, a short break for dinner, and then study group from 6-9. Fortunately, the puppies don't have to go the whole day without going out because one of Nicole's friends will be coming over to let them out for me.
Unfortunately, that means no gym time for me, but I'm going to be playing some Just Dance 3 since I bought the game but haven't found time to play it yet and tomorrow seems like the perfect day for it.
Alright - catch you guys later!
You are so busy!! I am seriously impressed with how well you're handling it and how good your spirits seem to be :) I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDelete