Today started out rough. I got up at 10:00 a.m. (I didn't set an alarm) and was feeling awful. My stomach was hurting and I just felt gross. But since I just resolved to be better today, I decided I should get to the gym. However, after substantial time in the bathroom, I decided to crawl back into bed since it was clear I shouldn't be going out today. So, I turned on my heating blanket (which is basically a full-body heating pad) and slept on and off until 3:00 p.m., when I was finally feeling good enough to get up, shower, and get dressed. And for your viewing pleasure, my I'm-not-going-out-today-outfit:
After getting dressed, I decided it was finally time to eat. Since I'm pretty certain my being sick had nothing to do with my stomach and everything to do with my period (which I just had two weeks ago - what the hell, body?), I decided that English muffin French toast sounded awesome. As I was prepping the mix, I found this little guy in my utensil drawer, and just had to share. He is from my friend Lisa. I love him. I have yet to name him. Send suggestions if you'd like!Some pictures of the food creating:
My eating while I'm prepping to eat food:
And then about two hours later, while studying the vagina (we've reached the fun unit in anatomy), I got hungry again, so I heated up some leftover pizza.
And about an hour after that, I began the tedious process of making Turkey burgers with a recipe I got from my brother (via my mom). I grilled them with my George Foreman. Yay for kitchen things!
I'm not such a fan of buns, so I ate two patties on their own. And I had quite a few leftover:
Bailey wanted some, but I wouldn't share, despite having 9 left over. I must admit, I did eat two more during my following 7 hours of studying. But really, it would just be better to have friends if you're going to make turkey burgers. Or at least a non-animal roommate.
Here's the recipe if you're interested, as these burgers are quite good. Although I think they kind of taste like meatballs and am intending on heating them up and eating them with marinara tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.
½ c feta cheese
2 T pesto
1 lb turkey
½ c bread crumbs
2 t season salt
garlic to taste
– at least 1t
Form the patties
and grill
For dessert, I had two shots of egg nog. Haha. I only let myself have two shots because egg nog is not so good for you, but I wanted to have at least a little bit. That, and my shot glasses have gotten no use since New Year's Eve last year...
Now I'm heading to bed to get up around 9 tomorrow. My plan is to hit the gym right away and then watch the three lectures I don't plan on attending in person. Normally I'd make myself go to lecture, but I like working out first thing in the morning and I don't have anything else that requires me to be at school all day, so I don't want to make the trip/put off going to the gym if I don't have to.
So, today, though unsuccessful in the sense of going to the gym, was an okay day, despite having spent most of it not feeling great. Let's see if I can keep this up!




I'm sorry you were feeling poorly :( But I'm excited about the good food choices you made! The shots of egg nog is a GREAT idea! I love the stuff and it is definitely quite bad for you. Everything in moderation! Those turkey burgers sound delicious and I'm SO glad you like the pastasaurus! <3 Keep it up! Get to the gym! I'm going to do some sit ups right now :) You've got me motivated again!
ReplyDelete