Mangos and lady parts
Today started out rough. Like really rough. Why? Because it's day one of my period which means my uterus has recruited my intestines to put up a pretty intense fight to find their way outside of my body. It is not fun. I spend half the day writhing in agony because of cramps and the other half is spent in the bathroom because I get some awesome diarrhea. Yeah, yeah. That's an overshare, but since diarrhea is a topic that I'm sure I'll speak about in great lengths in my future career as a doctor, I may as well start now.
Anyway, I basically had a built-in excuse as to why I couldn't run my 5k today. But, I decided to head to the gym anyway. It was actually a bit of pain relief, but whoa man, did it hit me when I got home. I have a hard time getting myself to eat on days like these because of how gross I feel, but I had some ripe mangos so I decided to go a bit mango crazy and had some mango, mango juice, and pretzels for lunch.
After some studying, the pain became a bit too much and so I went to lay down and then fell asleep for about 2 hours. It was heavenly. Waking up to do more work? Not so much. I still felt sick, but I figured since I was home at dinner time (which rarely happens), I made some fish and beans. It was delicious and pretty healthy.
And I made enough fish for two more meals, so that's always nice. Anywho, I'm going to head back to bed again. I've got a lot to do tomorrow since today wasn't nearly as productive as it needed to be thanks to my lady parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment