Saturday, October 1, 2011

I can't draw straight lines

After a super long day at school (we had stuff until 4:30 p.m. today), I came home, got super excited because my camera arrived, grabbed my gym stuff, ran for about 40 minutes (so a bit over the 5km I usually do), came home, chatted with my sister about anatomy stuff for a bit, ordered pizza (not cooking was my treat for getting to Friday - also, yay leftovers that require no effort!), and started studying.
Old smashed camera whose lens never retracts
Chicken, tomato, green pepper, and onion pizza
When I was trying to write up my study guide, I realized that when it comes to being able to draw a straight line, I'm hopeless.
Seriously. What is that about? And since I know you're curious, this is what the page ended up looking like at the end:
Please note that I am anal retentive enough that I tried my best to re-do the lines to make them straighter.

Anyway, that page is all about the absorption and storage of iron in the blood and cells. You know you're feeling more educated just thinking about me having to learn this. Take home message of this page of studying? Iron is either stored as ferritin in your cells or it's chilling in your blood with a friendly little protein named transferrin. If you have too much iron, you're screwed. If you have too little iron, you're screwed.


Aaaand, because we (and when I say "we," as in the proverbial "we," I mean me since I'm the only person who writes this blog...) glossed over it earlier: I ran over 3.1 miles today at a pace of 5.3mph. I seriously never thought I'd be able to do that. I'm thinking that by next summer I could maybe run a 10km (for those of you who don't do the metric system - only three countries don't, by the way), that's 6.2 miles. Daaaaaaamn. Let's do it!

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be super duper awesome if I could run a 10k with you. I've never done one before (cross-country was always 5k). Are you in? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in...ish. I'm not sure what this summer brings for me (we don't get out until June 30th), but I'd love to run one with you, even if it's not over summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet we can find one in Indiana or lower Michigan :D I'm not worried hun, we'll just play it by ear!

    ReplyDelete