I started a new medication regimen to help me with my "food noise," which I like to call the mindfuckery of food. You know, where you think about it all the time with like an abnormal amount of obsession surrounding it. I started out using a combo of phentermine and topamax. It helped a bit with curbing my appetite, but it also was too much of a stimulant for me, so I had a hard time sleeping. I went down significantly in dose and I don't know that it's doing much for me at this lower dose. And I'm bingeing again, which is distressing. I miss the wegovy days where I just felt full so much faster and where the mindfuckery was also gone. So, tomorrow, I will try upping my dose a bit. I will take half a tab in the morning (my usual dose) and half a tab at lunch and see if/how it affects my sleep. My obesity medicine doctor recommended this to me as I was starting out this medication, so we'll see if I can make that work. Wish me luck!

I'm sorry the new meds aren't working as well and causing other issues. I hope the new regimen works for you. You can absolutely conquer this! You are strong and brave and amazing.
ReplyDelete