Today was an OR day. Thankfully, my foot didn't kill me. It's been doing better every day, so I'm feeling a little stupid that my first response was that I broke it. But, I broke my foot in college doing the exact same thing, so it seemed somewhat of a reasonable assumption. Anywho. I didn't die. Hooray!
Once home, we opted to get some Indian food for dinner and have a family movie night because it's cold and rainy today. Like cold enough that we turned the heat on. Pathetic, Colorado. Pathetic. But, it won't last long. See?
Thankfully, once I was done in the OR, it was the official start of my vacation or my Get My Shit Together Week. I am off until next Monday and I have a long list of things I want to get done. Mostly, it's establishing care with doctors to start taking care of myself better. Monday, I see the optometrist. Tuesday, I'm seeing an obesity medicine doctor. Wednesday, I see the orthodontist. Thursday, I see an internal medicine doc (to establish as my primary care physician). Friday, I get a massage. Friday sounds like the most fun, obviously, lol. I am also going to get my gym membership reestablished and start trying to establish a routine there again, reminding myself that I deserve the time and space everyone else there deserves.
A few other things on my to-do list:
- Get a hold of the stupid student loan people
- Do my PSLF forms
- Do my maintenance of certification articles
- Organize journal club for work
- Put up the wind chime ish thing my mom gave the kiddos
- Book my mom's flights to come see us
- Figure out my tax returns
- Look at my meal prep recipe book and try to find some new recipes to try
- Figure out how to meal prep
- Figure out outfits for family photos next weekend
I am glad to have some time off and not being going anywhere or doing anything major that I can't be flexible about. I'm also nervous af to be making some bigger commitments to myself. Here goes nothing!
Yes! Well-deserved time off to get shit done and focus on YOU. You deserve to love yourself. You deserve to be loved. You deserve to be happy, and healthy, and successful. You are an inspiration and an amazing woman. You got this babe!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have a lot to accomplish but get that shit done for yourself! Don't forget to enjoy yourself too!
ReplyDelete