Wednesday, September 14, 2022

GMSTW: Day 3

Today was do what you want without guilt day, sorta. Basically, after Reyah woke me up to say goodbye, I decided to go back to bed and sleep as long as I wanted because I didn't need to be up until at least noon. I also decided that I would have two mini pizzas for lunch because I'm always still hungry after one. So, the morning was lazy and lovely and I honestly can't remember the last time I let myself do that. 

Then, I headed off to my orthodontist appointment. It was meant to be a consultation appointment. The orthodontist confirmed that yes, my teeth are all wonky since I had #14 out without putting something in its place. He also said invisalign wouldn't work to push the teeth back apart. So, he recommended normal braces. I was not thrilled about it, but I also assumed that was going to be the case, so it wasn't earth-shattering. After getting the cost set (thankfully I pay for the expensive dental insurance that covers $1750 of orthodontic work), the lady helping me told me they had an opening at 3:10 and if I wanted to stay, I could get my braces today. In the spirit of getting my shit together, I decided to stay. So, now I have braces on my top teeth. In about 6 months, I'll get braces on my bottom teeth to correct my bite on that side. Should take about 12 months total. Thankfully, my brackets and rubber bands are clear, so the braces themselves are inconspicuous. The bottom braces can't be clear, so I'll have metal ones on my lower teeth. I'm a bit embarrassed that I have braces as a 35 year old, but I figure that I wear a mask most of the time, so it won't actually be that noticeable.

After the orthodontist, I went to King Soopers to grab a few things and then I headed to Walmart to pick up my Ozempic and some zofran. Some of my primary care pals told me that the first day or two after an injection can cause a lot of nausea, so I wanted to be prepared. I will do my injection in just a little bit. I wanted to read all the drug information first, like a true nerd. 

Anyone else have braces? I had them for the first time in 3rd grade, but so did a lot of kids, so not nearly as embarrassing...


Mini pizzas

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so glad that GMSTW is working out. I'm glad you got self-care in the form of more sleep and delicious (but not over-indulged) pizza. I can't believe the orthodontist had an opening same-day! That's practically unheard of! I'm glad the top are clear and yes masking definitely helps cover it up most of the time now. I hope you're feeling amazing about all the things you're doing to care for yourself and get healthy for your family. I'm so proud of you and your blog is immensely inspiring! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the braces! I hope you don't find them too sore. Honestly, I should probably have them again since they've shifted since the last time. Good for you for going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, also I didn't realize I was posting as anonymous.

    <3 Jenna

    ReplyDelete