Saturday, September 17, 2022

GMSTW: Day 5

Getting braces is a great way to lose weight. Why, do you ask? Because I can't even eat right now. Chewing anything that isn't soft is not pleasant. I'm sure I could power through it, but it doesn't seem worth it. Today, I gave in and took ibuprofen twice. Despite that, I still only managed soft stuff today.

Today was also my last day of getting my shit together. I had a lot to get done today, not all of which was completed. After dropping off the kiddos, I headed to the lab to get my fasting bloodwork done. I was super nervous about it, to be honest. I had a CBC, CMP, A1c, lipid panel, TSH, fasting insulin, and hep C testing. I was convinced that it would show I have high cholesterol, diabetes, and severe insulin resistance. None of that was true - everything was normal. Maybe I will stop panicking for future lab work, but I doubt it.

Once home, I threw a bunch of kids clothes into the washer. Yesterday, I spent hella money buying the kiddos their fall and winter wardrobes at a secondhand store and wanted to wash everything. I also went through all of Reyah's clothes and put them in boxes to see what the Secondhand store would buy back from me. Once I finished getting all her clothes together, I the wash in the dryer and headed out to do hella errands.

First, I went off to the secondhand store to hand in Reyah's clothes. They estimated 6 hours to go through everything since they had a lot of other stuff to review. Then I headed to Kohl's to pick up some workout capris I ordered. And then, because those capris went on sale, I returned them and rebought them for $13 less. Then I headed off to Maurice's to get a top that I would like to wear for family photos this weekend. No such luck, but I did get a pair of shorts on clearance and a new top for work. I headed to Lane Bryant and nothing struck my fancy. I headed to Old Navy. I got the kids shirts for the photo session, but they didn't have the white shirt I wanted in my size. So, I headed back to Fort Collins to go to that Old Navy and got the shirt I wanted in my size. I also got Nasur his shirt. We're all wearing white t-shirts and jeans. So fancy, I know.

After Old Navy, I headed to Walmart to pick up some food things I need and then I picked up some spironolactone that my PCP sent in. I'm finally treating my cystic acne on my back. I was getting embarrassed having massages and figured that I should do something about it since nothing else I've done has worked. 

I finally headed home and spent forever organizing Reyah and Zayd's clothes while watching Great British Bake Off.

Once the kiddos were home, I had to head back out to see which clothes the secondhand store bought back. Reyah came with me. Everything they didn't buy, I donated to goodwill and then we stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up hella basil and some other small things we needed.

Still to be done: Finalizing journal club, cleaning out my car,  and putting up the wind chime. Otherwise, I got everything I wanted to get done this week done. Woo hoo! It definitely didn't feel like a vacation, but it was definitely time used wisely.

Photos!

All the clothes! (I did return some because of fit)

Here's hoping this lasts 6 months 

Meal prep book's raspberry loaf?

Noms - I managed a little bit

I actually managed to eat all of this!

Snackish since chewing is so hard

Later because, again, chewing is hard


3 comments:

  1. All normal lab work!!! YEAH GIRL!!! That is AWESOME news!!! You have had SUCH a productive week. That raspberry loaf looks delicious too. You are kicking ass lady and I love to see it! You deserve it and I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you accomplished a lot this week! I'm impressed! Yay for normal lab work and taking care of yourself. Can't wait to see the family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fairlife so much, but I've only had the regular milk. Sorry about your sore teeth. I remember those days and hope they stop feeling sore soon! At least we're coming up for soup weather! Hopefully that'll help!

    ReplyDelete