Thursday, September 1, 2022

Cravings

Man oh man. Today was a tough one - I felt as though I was warding off cravings left and right. One of the things that I've been trying to do as I redouble my efforts to get healthier is limit my mindless snacking. A big part of that is not eating after dinner time. Typically, after the kids are down for bed, I will veg out and snack on the couch while I watch some TV. I'm not actually hungry - it's just something to do. Nasur goes to the gym and so I don't have to worry about being judged since it's just good ole me and the TV. I've completely cut that out, but it's a hard habit to break. 

I've also been trying to limit my sugar intake because for me, that kind of starts an avalanche. If I have a little bit of sugar, all I want is more sugar. But, as you well know, sugar is a bit addictive, so I've been craving it lately, particularly after lunch. Thankfully, I'm busy enough after lunch seeing patients that I forget about it. So, that's my valuable advice - with a sugar craving, find something else to do and you shall forget. So, please remind me of this the next time my cravings hit!


Breakfast: eggs + strawberry (not pictured: some ham + cheese)

Lunch: Trader Joe's butter chicken and garlic naan (I really wanted two naan, but opted to just do the one)

Dinner: Some nasty keto chicken

Not pictured: Kind granola bar in the office, cheese slice after work (and before dinner). 

1 comment:

  1. WTF is keto chicken?? Was it another Hello Fresh meal? Recipes can be so hit or miss... I'm glad you're finding things that work though! I agree about the sugar cravings though. Distraction is a great technique! You are doing awesome!! <3

    ReplyDelete