For the life of me, I couldn't figure out when would be a good time to exercise. I used to do it right after work because once I'm home, it takes a lot of effort to go out again. But, if I go right after work, it takes even more time away from my time with the kids. And working as much as I do, I didn't want to sacrifice more time. So, then I figured I could exercise after the kids were in bed. But, exercising at 8/8:30 doesn't exactly appeal to me. So, what about exercise before the kids wake up? Hard pass. I already feel like I don't get enough sleep, so sacrificing some for exercise? Never going to happen. So, I've changed my work hours. Normally, I'm in the office from 9-4. However, In about 3 weeks, I'm changing my hours to 8-3. This will allow me to use the time from 3-4 to go to the gym and be consistent about it. That being said, I'm still scared to go.
One of the things I have a hard time with is fear of failure/not feeling perfect. When I head back to the gym, I'll be starting from zero. This will be depressing. For several reasons:
- I used to be fit and now I'm not
- Exercising in front of fit people is embarrassing
- There aren't a ton of machines where I go to the gym and I feel unworthy of using machines when other fit folks are around - it's like I think they deserve it more
I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to tackle that one. I think it'll help that I'm not at the gym during peak hours (before or after traditional work hours) and I think it'll help that I already know how to use most machines. It'll just be hard to remember that no one else is thinking about me as much as I am.
Any thoughts on how to feel more confident once I start heading back to the gym?
Food photos:
Breakfast
Other part of breakfast
Turkey meximelts for lunch: turkey meat, pico, cheese, and low carb tortilla
Watermelon with lunch
Homemade chicken pad thai for dinner
Aaaaand, this week's weigh-in!






Four pounds down!! Get it girl!! I am so proud of you!! You've been sticking to your diet and routine and it's working!! I also second Anna's comment: no one is worried about you except you! They're all focused on themselves. Also Phil is an ISSA certified personal trainer so if you ever want advice or have questions feel free to reach out <3
ReplyDelete