So, my day yesterday was busy, busy, busy. When I'm on call, the call is 24 hours and there is nothing I like less than a busy 24 hour shift. That being said, when you're too busy to eat, I feel like that probably helps with weight loss. But, the lack of sleep? Maybe that's a negative.
Anywho, once home, I showered, made some breakfast, and then met with our financial advisor to finally start some 529s for the kiddos and put in more of my hard-earned money to our retirement accounts. Money is so complicated and I don't have a clue what I'm doing, so I'm very thankful there are smart folks around to help me.
After 2 hours of financial planning, I watched the last episode of Only Murders in the Building. I'll be honest, I was a bit disappointed in this last episode. For those who are watching, what'd you think? Anyway, because I need to keep moving, I opted to walk in place while watching TV. I know walking isn't much, but it's better than sitting! And these types of small healthy changes can be a big game changer in the grand scope of life.
After TV, I napped to catch up on the sleep I didn't get yesterday and to get enough sleep for my next two 24 hour shifts. Yes, I'm crying on the inside. After my nap, I made some turkey taco meat for dinner tonight and then went to get the kiddos. Once home, I got dinner together and then we enjoyed some tacos. After dinner, I took the kiddos to Costco to get some milk and watermelon and picked up some good-looking salmon while there. Once home, it was bath time and bed time. After the kids were in bed, I cleaned up a bit and then got the last of my steps in watching Junior Bake Off on Netflix.
Today's food photos are next! Not pictured was my breakfast - had scrambled eggs and some avocado. Also not pictured was my dessert banana (eaten after dinner) and two servings of sliced ham for snackage.





I was disappointed as well about the finale. Good job getting those steps in, like you said small changes can add up!
ReplyDeleteLove the small changes! Some years ago I started parking further than usual from whatever building I was going to and I feel like that has helped. I've kept up with it and now park far away unless I have the kids or pets.
ReplyDeleteSmart! I should start doing that too.
Delete