Monday, August 22, 2022

Oh, hey again, fans

 Well, well, well. Look who has come crawling back to this blog. My millions of followers I have!

I've mostly returned because holy shit, losing weight is hard. And you know what's even harder? Losing weight as a more than full-time working mother. But you know what? I need to. I've really put my health and wellbeing on the back burner and I need to stop. I have a TON of reasons why I want to lose weight. What's that? You want me to list them all? Okay, but only because you asked.


  • I want to feel better
  • I want to be a good example for my kiddos
  • I want to not have to worry about the seatbelts fitting across my lap on airplanes, amusement park rides, etc
  • I want to not have 3XL on my scrub shirts so prominently displayed
  • I want to feel strong
  • I want to feel sexy
  • I want to not worry if I sit on something whether or not it will break because of how heavy I am
  • I want to fit in any chair comfortably
  • I want to not be embarrassingly out of breath if I do several flights of stairs
  • I want to fit into my old clothes or buy new cute clothes in smaller sizes
  • I want to show that if you put in the hard work, you can be successful
  • I want to run after my kids without profusely sweating
  • I want to have more energy
  • I want to be a better example for my patients
  • I want to not be disappointed in photos taken of me
  • I want to not be scared to go to the doctor's
  • I want to be less embarrassed to step on the scale
  • I want to be around for my kiddos
  • I want to avoid diabetes
  • I want to avoid cardiovascular disease

Now that you know my reasons, tomorrow I'm going to tell you how I'm going to do this. So, get pumped. 

4 comments:

  1. Excited to hear about the plan!!! You’ve got this❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got this! I look forward to following your journey and cheering your progress. I also look forward to reading your posts because you've always been a great writer! But I do have to say, if you figure out how to finally not be out of breath after walking up a flight of stairs, please share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Those are all excellent reasons and I'm so excited to see you posting again and taking responsibility for your health. I can't wait to hear your plan. You can do it!! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this Danika!! We all support you 100%!

    ReplyDelete