Monday, February 6, 2017

Day 37/365: Calorie Counting

Today, I didn't weigh in - I completely forgot. It's like my subconscious didn't want to upset me! Today, I packed most of my food. Today, I declined going down to the cafeteria to get free food (which for me usually means overdoing it) and explained that I needed to stick to what I packed for myself. And then today, I mindlessly munched on whatever was in front of me. I just can't seem to get myself to stick with this. I keep telling myself on Mondays, "This week is my week." But that doesn't seem to help. I thought maybe when the month restarted, I'd start fresh and then I remembered that while eating a cookie. Maybe not the best timing. So, I'm going to do a little refresher course for myself - I'm going to count calories for a whole week and stay within my range. Next Wednesday, I take off for a conference [at Disney World] and I'm going to track all of my calories from now until then. It's going to be hard, but I'm thinking if I pack my food the night before and have all my calories tracked, it shouldn't be too much of a bother.

I've been pretty good about getting to the gym at least 3 days a week - I've even been doing weights during peak times because I deserve to be able to do weights too! I'm going to pack a gym bag every night too because though I planned on going with Nasur tonight, he ditched me for the dentist and then because I didn't have my stuff with me nor the motivation to go without him, I didn't go. If I had my stuff with me, I would have gone. So, it's worth keeping a packed bag in the car.

I'm also going to try to do a quick blog post every night to keep myself on track and motivated. But now I've gotta go pack some food. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment