Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Little less crazy in my life

So today was way less crazy than yesterday. Thank God. It's exactly what I needed after yesterday's day o' struggles. And Nasur kept telling me that everything was going to be okay and I was just all, "STRESS!!!!!!" But then he was right...per usual.

Anywho, no fasting today cuz I'm going to do my 5 and 2 on Monday and Thursday this week, I think. I had my usual breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, a few pretzels for an afternoon snack, and a quick dinner when I got home from the gym because it was 7:40 p.m. and I was starving. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of anything until later in the day. Womp, womp.

I'm also exhausted, so I'm going to leave you with some photos and hit the hay!

A rainbow after work
Peach mango juice - 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of veggies
Dinner: shrimp and toast
Dessert
Anyone have any go to healthy dessert recipes they'd recommend? Sometimes I want just a little something for dessert, but I don't want to be too unhealthy nor do I want a recipe for like a gazillion servings that I could binge eat. Please and thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for desserts lol. Sometimes I just need to taste something sweet after dinner and an orange, or a low cal popsicle will satisfy me. Other times....lol. I just NEED a cookie haha. I don't have any good recipes but I heard you can use bananas and oatmeal to make pretty healthy cookies or even "cake" depending on how you bake it. just search banana oatmeal and a bunch of recipes show up. One girl has a whole website with all these healthy oatmeal banana recipes she created. I'm at work now otherwise I'd post them for you.

    Glad you had a less stressful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana smoothie: one banana, vanilla almond milk and ice. Blender. Delicious and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingredients:
    ¾ cup ricotta
    1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
    Sweeten with vanilla crème stevia and/or honey to taste
    Directions:
    Mix all ingredients.

    Ingredients:
    1 ¾ cups oats (old-fashioned or quick cooking)
    ¾ cups all-natural peanut butter
    1/3 cup honey
    1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
    Optional: ¼ cup wheat bran, hemp seeds, flax seeds, or chia seeds
    Directions:
    In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients.
    If the dough is sticky, you can refrigerate it for 2-3 hours or pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes to slightly firm up.
    Form the dough into about 24 tablespoon-sized balls and refrigerate for about an hour before enjoying.
    To store, place energy bites in a Ziploc bag or storage container. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.

    :)

    ReplyDelete