My last two interviews were interesting. Not interesting good, not interesting bad. Just interesting. I think that I've become very used to the midwest culture so it's always interesting to take a look at programs outside of this area. I was in Tennessee and Arizona. Tomorrow I'm hitting up Georgia and will be going to Texas and South Carolina during the rest of the week. Should be fun...ish. I can tell you that I thought I loved traveling, but what I meant was being at the destination, not doing the actual airport/airplane thing. And renting cars is not as cool as you'd think. And living out of a carry-on is also not that ideal. But it's only temporary! And it's all for a good reason!
The other bad thing about traveling is my eating. And when I say bad, I mean bad. Really, really bad. Yikes. There is food everywhere (but on American Airlines' flights...why no pretzels!?) and there are so many options and I have to have it all. I've spent a ridiculous amount on food and consumed a lot of calories lately. So, since I'm heading out again tomorrow, I've thought up a plan of attack for making sure this stops. It's pretty easy: continue counting calories. Most of the places I went had calorie counts on their menus, so I can't just say that because I'm traveling it doesn't count. I've gotta make smart choices all the time. And I did okay about exercising while traveling, but since I'm giving myself about a day in-between interviews, I know I can probably get in a solid workout everyday. I can also blog a bit more.
So, this next week, these are the goals I'm working on:
- Calorie counting (I use the SparkPeople app)
- Good workouts
- Being conscious about moving while waiting for flights (tomorrow I've got like two hours in Chicago - I could totally walk around for most of that)
- Taking ALL THE PHOTOS! Seriously. I used to document everything. I'm going to be obnoxious and do that again.
That's it. Four goals is enough for one week.
Cheers!
Yay interviews! Boo poor eating habits! Yay goals! You are amazing Danika and I am so proud of you and all you've accomplished. You deserve to be healthy and I'm here to support you!! I love you! Xoxoxo
ReplyDelete