Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Travel day (again)

Let me just say this about the Atlanta airport: it is like a fucking scavenger hunt. 

First, refill your gas tank and then drop off your car at the rental car center. Next, go up one escalator level and try to find the bathrooms secretly settled behind a corner with the world's most discrete sign while worrying (legitimately) that your bladder may burst. After emptying your bladder for over 1 straight minute, find the escalator to take you to the train that takes you to the airport. Once you've gotten off the train at the right stop, navigate your way towards the airport. Once at the airport, determine which terminal you need (north or south) and then find your airline check-in to print off a boarding pass, because with everyone on the Wifi, there is no way in hell the mobile boarding pass is going to cut it with loading times >1 minute. With paper boarding pass in hand, determine which security checkpoint you should enter (main, north, or assistance-required). Once through security, go down a majorly long and steep escalator and get on the plane train. Exit train at your terminal. Then find your gate. Once at your gate, wonder who the fuck thought this was a well-organized system. Then, given that you have 25 minutes and have used major phone battery navigating this world of fuckery, go buy a small hot chocolate (without whip cream magical calories) and use their outlets given that your gate (and the surrounding gates) have charging areas. 

Now, let me also say this: thank God I left early this morning. Yikes.

Alright. Now that I've given a thorough review on the Atlanta airport, I can announce that I'm in San Antonio. Tomorrow's interview starts rather late, which should be nice. It's also done at a reasonable time (around 4:30), so I can go check out the Alamo. It's only open until 5:30, so it might be a time crunch, but if worst comes to worst (I had to double check if that was the correct idiom), I can at least take a look at it from the outside. The River Walk is also supposed to be nice so my workout for tomorrow will be some walking, I think, which is good as this place lacks a fitness center (but does have free hot breakfast!).

Also, I ate pretty decently today. I ended up hitting up Subway before I left town and got a footlong because the breakfast menu was limited and none of the three options appealed to me. So, I ate half my turkey sub for lunch and half for breakfast. There's a subway just down the road from my hotel, so I'll likely do the same thing on Thursday when I head out to South Carolina - saves me some money if I don't buy it at the airport (and saves me from the temptation of anything too high calorie). I need to restock my South Beach diet bars though because I've gone through all five already (I left Sunday...) and they're great when I'm hungry and don't want to pay exorbitant airport prices for food. Like my small hot chocolate today was like $3.30. RIDICULOUS.

I did take some photos of my hotel room and my car windshield this morning (it had frosted over and I was at a loss as to what to do besides run the defroster given that I didn't have my snow brush/ice remover thing), but I'm being lazy and will post them tomorrow. Bed time for me!

1 comment:

  1. Loving your bloggity blog. Keep on truckin, Sista! And good luck with your interviews! Sterf-a-derf

    ReplyDelete