Thursday, June 5, 2014

Photos and Zumba

Today was my preceptor's late call night which meant he was in no hurry during the day. This would have been fine, but I was itching to get to Zumba. I hadn't gone for a week and I really do look forward to shake my booty. My preceptor is also superhuman when it comes to hunger. He didn't call for a lunch break until 1:45. Are you serious? I eat breakfast at 7:15ish everyday. That's 6.5 hours without eating. Fortunately, I usually carry a fiber plus bar in my pocket during the day and today I was able to run back to the office for a banana inbetween my patients and meeting up with my doctor. But being hungry and not eating is so not good for me cuz it sets me up to binge. Fortunately, given that I only pack so much food, it's not usually an issue, but if I were to eat at the cafeteria, I'd be in major trouble.

Moving on. My preceptor got a complicated patient near the end of the day and I think he realized how useless I was around 5:15 because he told me to brief him on my last patient, leave my progress note, and head out. So I got to leave at 5:30, which gave me plenty of time to run home, marinate my fish, and change for Zumba. 

Zumba was a lot of bouncing today. I wore my heart rate monitor - 740 calories burned. Bam! I burn more calories doing Zumba than anything else. It's great because I actually like it. When I got home, it was time to cook up the fish and make some asparagus. Now, I'm not usually an asparagus person, but holy fuck, this recipe was awesome. Now I'm eager to add more asparagus into my meals. And having a dinner planned ahead of time was super helpful in avoiding just grazing, like I did yesterday.

All in all, it was a good day. I've still got some more studying to do before I turn in for the night, which is unfortunate for me, but tomorrow's Friday, so I'll be fine. Here are all the photos I've neglected to upload:

Breakfast the day of my exam - carbs for brain capacity, eggs for protein, and watermelon cuz it's the best
My new backpack. I got a new one for Christmas, but it lacked an outside pocket and functional compartments for my needs
Because it was so pretty!
Made some guac with half of that pretty guy
Guac!

Used the other half for the epic sandwich
Vanilla milkshake
Today's food - I couldn't figure out what to pack for the "main" part of the meal, so I just didn't pack anything...
Today's breakfast - no eggs because there was no time
Tonight's freaking awesome dinner featuring wild caught salmon - DELICIOUS
Today's positive: branching out and trying a new recipe and liking it!

1 comment:

  1. Asparagus! Now your pee smells funny...hee hee :D Yay planning dinner!! Do you ever have leftovers? I always get bored because I make something and then have to eat it for like 5 days.... :-/ That recipe looks great though. Definitely going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete