I didn't hit the gym until about 6 today because I wanted to be as productive as possible during my peak hours. When I got home, I made a kick ass dinner. I studied some more and decorated my friend's cake for her bachelorette party that I'm only attending half of thanks to an 8 hour exam on Monday. So, I head to Ann Arbor tomorrow for some canoeing and obviously, cake. I made it a two-layer cake with one maize layer and one blue layer because those are her wedding colors, but I'm not sure if it looks legit.
The yellow one looks like normal cake and the blue layer looks more green. Maybe the white frosting will help? Also, for those of you who didn't know, bachelorette parties are all about alcohol and penises. My mom didn't know this, so I thought I'd inform the rest of you before showing you the end/inappropriate decorating I did. Also, don't judge me. The frosting bag exploded when I was drawing the right testicle.
So, yeah. Penis. Cake. We'll see how it goes given that I'm attending the chill, non-alcohol portion.
I've gotta get back to studying. I'm going to do a weigh in on Monday, but I'm super not optimistic about the results. I've been eating okay, but I've been dehydrated a lot and spending long stretches without eating at all - which is not good for weight loss. Probably won't blog tomorrow, so keep your eyes out for a blog on Monday.
Today's positive: making time for the gym later in the day, which is so, so hard for me. Also, penis cakes because they're amusing.
The rest of today's pictures:
| Snack as I was making lunch (that I forgot to take a picture of) |
| Noms. |
| Baby bananas! I was introduced to these in Uganda and found them in meijer this week. THEY'RE THE BEST. |
| See how cute they are? SO CUTE. |
| My awesome dinner: steak, biscuits, and the delicious asparagus! |
Oh! Something I forgot to mention! Today when I went to the gym, I was ready to hit the elliptical for a warm up, per usual and then I was like, "Nah. I'll just do a mile run and cool down for 15 minutes instead." So, I pounded out a mile at 5mph (which is pretty legit for me) and then cooled down and holy hell, my right foot hurt like whoa. I had an inkling that I may have had a hairline fracture a bit ago cuz of some pain I was having, but I never saw a doctor because I know what they do for that and it's pretty much pain pills or pain pills plus some sort of immobilization and no thanks to either of those. But the main point is that though my right foot hurts like a bitch, I RAN A MILE AND I DID IT RELATIVELY FAST WITHOUT TRAINING. So, yeah. Maybe that should have been my positive.
Go Danika. Go Danika. Go Danika!!! Yay running! I hope your foot feels better though. I hope the bachelorette party is AWESOME!! Yay penises!!! I love you. Keep it up. Drink some water. GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete