Thursday, March 6, 2014

Freaking out for no reason, per usual

I finally did it: I finally got my butt to the gym. And let me tell you, the hardest part of going to the gym is getting to the gym. I never regret it once I'm there, but sometimes it takes me hours to work up the motivation to go. For example, today I had to go get my PPD test checked (the skin bubble test for tuberculosis) and I couldn't have it checked until 2:45. Sooo, rather than heading to the gym after work (got out at 11:00 a.m. - BALLER), I headed home to do some extremely half-assed studying until it was time to get my TB test checked. Then I went to the gym even though I really didn't want to. Why? Because It was getting close to peak hours and I wanted to lift weights and I knew that it'd be crowded. And I didn't bring my iPad so I couldn't read or watch TV, which meant I couldn't elliptical, which meant I would have to lift weights. Buuuut, it turned out just fine. Imagine that - me freaking out for no reason - that never happens.

In other news, I formally accepted my placement in a study abroad elective next year in Malawi. I'll be there from March 30 to early May. It's a 6 week rotation. I'm going to be doing an OB/GYN rotation at the Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital. They estimate that they get 50-60 deliveries a day. Sooo, basically, I'll be a professional by the end? YAY EXPERIENCE!

Soo, anyone want to babysit a cat from March 30 to early May?

Breakfast
Protein oatmeal post-workout
Lemon pepper chicken for dinner
Counter to Success!
Gym days this week: 1
Total gym days during this challenge: 1
Days without sweets or weighing myself: 2
Days without eating past 8 p.m.: 2

1 comment:

  1. Yay gym time!! Yay Malawi!! You are a badass. You are awesome. You can totally do this!! You go Glen Coco!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete