Let's start with something fun!
Vacation Photos
| On the boat to go parasailing! |
| One of my favorite photos: Apparently the redhead is afraid of heights |
| We, however, like sitting in the air! |
| 800 feet up |
![]() |
| Getting dipped |
| Our parasailing crew |
| When in Florida, drink many frozen drinks |
![]() |
| Pool day! |
| Gator hunting |
| Or perhaps they were hunting us |
| This photo was not zoomed. This could have been a bad idea... |
| Harry Potter World! |
![]() |
| Hogwarts! |
| Butterbeer with the besties |
| Hogwarts Express conductor and us! |
![]() |
| Palm trees, sunlight, and Anna: three of my favorite things! |
| We spent a lot of time at the beach |
| And lots of time drinking... |
| And not enough time applying sunscreen |
My first 10k
Way back in January, I signed up to run a 10k on May 12, the day after my 25th birthday. I figured that I could really use the motivation to get in shape and as I'd already done some 5ks, I decided to step it up and go for 6.2 miles rather than 3.1. Let me tell you now: that was not a good idea. I am super out of shape. I hadn't been to the gym in over three weeks and training? Psh. Didn't do it. Add that to the fact that I've gained about 20 pounds since September, I had a cold, and I really didn't want to do it and you'll understand why this race was so freaking hard. Fortunately, two really amazing friends from school decided to run the whole thing with me. They kept me entertained and didn't let me stop running even though I really wanted to.
At the end of the race, I nearly started crying. I couldn't believe that I was able to do that. It was so, so hard, people. That was the longest I've ever run continuously and I still can't believe I did that. Although I know I wouldn't have been able to without those two amazing girls keeping me going. Also, one of them brought her adorable parents along and they photographed the whole thing! So, here's some photos for you:
| If I look as though I want to die, it's because I do |
| Pretending to be happy |
| Haha. I love this one. |
| Med school friends after the race |
| The two girls that kept me going |
| I owe these girls big time! |
Some Other Photos For You
| With a shoe at the race expo |
| Birthday drinks! I'm 25 now! |




Awesome job on the run, Danika! So happy for you! I did the 25k, and also experienced a lot of emotions at the finish line. What a feeling! Looking forward to next year. -- Kirsten M
ReplyDelete