I think I just haven't gotten into a schedule that I like. Working out in the mornings is hard because I like to get to school early to grab a good room. Working out in the evenings is hard because I struggle to get back to studying. Working out in the afternoon is hard because then I have to leave school and come back and that's a pain in the butt. But, I think it's something I want to explore. I think having a break in the middle of the day would be nice and then I could have either lunch or dinner at home and then head back to school to study. It would also decrease the amount of food prep I'd have to do in the evenings and I'm a major fan of any plan that means I have to pack fewer meals.
Also, June is coming up! June was my most successful weight loss month last year. I'm pretty sure it's because I realized that I was majorly pudgy from the winter and finally decided to do something about it. So, I'm going to do something about it this year, too. I'm going to set three goals. They are going to be so, so hard. Like seriously so, so hard. I don't think you understand how hard they are going to be.
- Go to the gym everyday, and, as part of my workout, run a mile. Every. Single. Day. And on the days where the gym seriously isn't possible (I can't think of a reason why that would be), I will lace up those running shoes, don my Garmin Forerunner and run a mile that way.
I know, I know. You're thinking to yourself, "Self. Danika ran a 10k like three weeks ago. One mile everyday? Psh. No big deal." But it is a big deal. Why? Because a.) I really, really need to work on my form, b.) I really, really hate running, and c.) I really, really need to work on my speed - it's pathetic right now.
Okay. Goal 2:
- Log all my foods all the time. And take pictures of all food.
I know, I know. This doesn't seem that hard either. But it is such a big pain in the butt. And when I go to a friend's apartment and they have an amazing spread, I usually just go bat shit crazy and shovel food into my mouth. And I think to myself, well, this food doesn't count because I don't have the nutritional info so I simply can't record it. Riiiiight. Food that doesn't count. And medical school is easy. Also, I want pictures because then you will want to read my blog more.
Goal 3, which may be the hardest one.
- No dessert or alcohol can be consumed.
Dessert is my kryptonite. It doesn't matter what it is, I will eat at least 2 servings. And I probably should be eating -2 servings. Sooo, I'm just going to cut it out completely. Again. I'm also going to cut out alcohol. For some weird reason, I've been drinking a lot this month and I'm only too aware that alcohol is just a bunch of empty calories. So, in an effort to cut out things that are calorie-dense and nutritionally-poor, I am giving up da booze. So much sadness.
Anywho, I shall try my darnedest to update everyday. Even if it is two sentences to tell you how very badly I wanted to eat dessert that day. Or how ridiculously hard my one mile was that day. Or how awesome I am. Or how cute my cat is. Or how much I wish I hadn't done this June Challenge, which I shall recap for you here:
June Challenge
- Run a mile and go to the gym every single day
- Log all food consumed
- No dessert or alcohol
Gah. Writing it like that makes it look even worse than it is. Here goes nothing!
No comments:
Post a Comment