Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rowdy St. Patrick's Day for This Gal

Ah, St. Patrick's Day. Well, since I'm a rowdy gal, I of course got wasted, stumbled around with no clue where I was and magically ended up in Ireland where they were going about their everyday life (and yes, all their rivers are green all time). Juuuust kidding. I really celebrated by eating potatoes, not drinking beer, putting on sunscreen (Irish people burn just as easily as I do), and enjoying fooling people into thinking I'm Irish because my hair is somewhat red (I'm not - I'm mostly Czech, and Scottish). I also wore some green, but as green is my favorite color, this was nothing out of the norm for me. Yup. Crazy day. Should've videotaped it and sold it to the mass media. I would've made millions! I digress.


My mom woke me up at 9 to tell me she was headed to the doctor's. I headed downstairs and was on the hunt for food. My prey? Cereal. Now let me just say that I'm not a cereal person. Like, remember the days when every single 5 - 12 year old was freaking the eff out about the marshmallows in Lucky Charms? Yeah, I wasn't in with that crowd. Cereal = gross. When I have to eat it, I'll eat Life, but that's about it. However, after sampling some of the many cereals my mom has in the house, I decided to live it up this St. Patrick's day and try some Kashi cereal.
It was pretty good, but they're lying about staying fuller longer - I still ate a protein bar later. But I did enjoy how crunchy this cereal remained, even to the end. If this cereal isn't expensive, I may invest in some to eat once a month or so. But then I'd have to buy milk. Hmm. Probs won't do it then. Yup. I'm that cheap.


After breakfast, I headed to the credit union and then to the mall quickly. I got home, studied for a while, and then ate a feast lunch.
I had my sloppy joe open-faced today, like a panini because I am a classy-ass woman [note: leave that hyphen alone]. Also, my mom did that last night and I'm a copycat. I didn't eat the strawberries, though. Got too full - so I ate them for a snack after my awesome blading excursion.


And since we're talking about blading, let's chat about how much awesome was packed into that excursion. I was a bit nervous about going out for my first time this year. I am not a great blader. I do okay with flat, smooth surfaces with 0% elevation. A pebble could throw me off. Or the mere thought of a slight change in elevation. I bullshit you not. But, I made it without falling today, so I would call that a success. So successful that I wish that I could have gone for longer. Blading is one of the few forms of exercise that I legitimately enjoy. I think it's because I get to go fast without expending much effort. Plus, it was absolutely gorgeous today and there were a lot of bicyclists out so I got to wave and say hi to the friendly active people in Midland. I am trying to get the photos from my phone to sync so I can show you my accomplishment for the day, but it's being a stupidhead. Perhaps by the time I'm done with this entry, it will have wizened up and I shall have put the pictures in and this tiny diatribe of mine will serve absolutely no purpose. One can only hope! Edit: It worked! Diatribe = useless! Hooray!
7.07 miles of blading in less than an hour (just barely)
After blading, I went to my favorite coffee shop to get my favorite smoothie. Whenever I go to a coffee shop, I never get coffee because coffee is disgusting, so I have to find other things. As I was forced to go to this coffee shop to meet with someone last year, I discovered their smoothies and fell in love. What a romantic story. Too bad today's not Valentine's Day!
Strawberry banana
After smoothie-ing it up, I headed home for more boring studying. But I did eat my strawberries and some cheese.
Cheese, will you marry me?
I was still hungry a bit later, so I scavenged around the house. I found plenty of things I would have liked to eat, but alas, the 30-day challenge has prevented me from doing so.
Mmm, ice cream! In so many forms!
Mmm, cookies! In so many forms!
Mmm, Reese's! In so many forms!
I'm not sure how my mom doesn't just eat all of these things in one sitting, but I need to harvest her self control and inject it into myself daily. I seriously started to tell myself all the reasons why I deserved to have some of those goodies. You know, just a taste. But one bite is all it usually takes for me to spiral into sugar overload and weight gain. So, I passed. Man, I wish I had an overactive metabolism.


But I settled for some nuts and granola.
One of the things I like to do when I don't have a food scale is to use shot glasses to measure out tiny bits of food. For example, a serving size of nuts is usually 1 oz and a shot glass is about an ounce. Yup. Thought of that one on my own. I shall now pause so you may applaud my brilliance.


Or you know, I'll just throw in a link with applause since I can't hear you. Clap louder!


Eventually it was dinner time and my mom pulled out all the stops. If I could employ her to cook all my meals, I would. Sadly, this will never happen.
Beans, salmon, and potatoes!
Then it was back to the books for me. I have a little bit more to go before I can call it quits for the night. Hope your St. Patrick's Day was infinitely more inebriated than mine!


Did you notice I didn't post my weight? I don't like to weigh in using scales that are different than the one I have at home because it may introduce error and I don't like to panic unnecessarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Your dinner last night def > my dinner last night. I love seafood! Your blading experience totally has me jealous. I need to get that wheel fixed on mine... :) I did not have an inebriated St. Patrick's Day either, thankfully (don't need those calories and carbs). I did go to a party though where I definitely broke my 30 day challenge. Meh? *le sigh* I go blogs about it now... Love you!

    ReplyDelete