Sunday, February 12, 2012

A real plan

I've made the executive decision that I can do this. What is "this," you ask? Well, "this" is essentially my plan for a better me. I know, I know. I made a plan for a better me last week. But here's the thing: I didn't commit to it. I didn't have a plan. I mean, I kind of did. But it wasn't a good plan. It wasn't a concrete plan. So, that makes slacking off a lot easier. I also didn't prepare myself mentally. I'm sure you think that doesn't make a big difference. But, for me, I have to mentally prepare myself for what I want to accomplish. You know the saying "set your mind to it." That's what I had to do. Now that my mind's set, I made a concrete plan with concrete dates. And that's why I'm going to be able to do "this" this time around.


Last night, I printed off my training schedule for my 10k. On the days where I'm not running, I will still be going to the gym and doing some strength training. Here is my calendar that I'm using.
The days in green are training days. The days in pink are the days where I do my strength training or rest. Tomorrow I'm slated for an "easy run." I don't know what kind of crack the person who thought a two mile run was smoking, but I'm sure I'll huff and puff through the entire thing.


As for the rest of "this," I am only going to have desserts when there's a special occasion (and not make every day I want dessert a special occasion). I'm also going to not go back for seconds. Yay portion control!


Anywho, I have an exam tomorrow covering the male and female reproductive system. I spent about 7 hours at school studying and probably have another 2-3 ahead of me. So, I shall leave you with some pics of the food I ate at home. I didn't take pics of the food I took to school - my bad.
Chocolate protein shake post-lower body workout
Tacos for lunch!
Snack

1 comment:

  1. Nice calendar! I hope it keeps you motivated. I've started using mine to track my weight and gym/home workout times.

    ReplyDelete