Yesterday, I decided to do some strength training for my lower body. I repeated some exercises that Mark showed me last year: lunges, step-ups, squats, and a few machines. So today, my quads were feeling it. This is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it means I got a legit leg workout yesterday. Bad because today was supposed to be my first day of my 10k training - an "easy" two mile run. And running while your quads hurt? Um, not going to be fun. So, there it was: an excuse in the making. But, rather than use it, I decided I'd go running anyway. Now allow me to remind you of a minor detail: I can't even remember the last time I ran two miles. Before I took two weeks off to let my shin splints heal, I was able to run a little over a mile without stopping - and that was hard. But today's two miles weren't bad at all. It's probably because, according to my training schedule, I was supposed to run at an easy 4.5mph pace (meaning it would take me 13:20 to run one mile). As I'm used to pushing myself to do at least 5.0mph, this made my two miles seem relatively easy. Don't get me wrong - it was still hard, but I'm feeling slightly more optimistic about my training now that I realize I really can do it - even on days following a tough leg workout.
Bam. Subject change.
So Thursdays are the worst day of the week for me. Eating-wise and exhaustion-wise. By Thursdays, I'm really dragging. I have an exam pretty much every Monday of the semester and usually one on Friday. So I spend my entire weekend cramming for my Monday exam. And then I somehow study for my Friday exam during the week. By the time Thursday rolls around, I want to do anything but study. So, I procrastineat. [See what I did there? So tricksy!] I eat to procrastinate further studying. I bet if you could measure my caloric intake for the week, you'd see it skyrocket on Thursday nights. So, that's what I'm going to work on this week. I'm going to try my very best to keep Thursday's insanity to a minimum. I'll let you know how it goes - don't worry.
Anywho, I'm off to study/go to sleep. I'm beyond exhausted from the lack of sleep I got last night and Saturday night. So though I know I should be studying, I think I may hit the hay early so I won't be dragging tomorrow.
Here are the food pics for the day:
| The nicest thing you can do for yourself on an exam day: eat breakfast |
| Taco lunch |
| Dinner and snacks to go: jambalaya, graphs, yogurt, and protein bar |
I hope your Thursday went well! Keep it up tomorrow <3
ReplyDelete