Right now I'm poaching some chicken to make a pesto chicken salad. I am waiting until it's completely made to calculate the calories, since I'm back to calorie tracking. The poach is taking far longer than I anticipated. The recipe said 20 minutes, but the internal temp isn't quite at 165F, which I'm fairly certain is the temperature chicken is supposed to be cooked to, so I'm waiting not so patiently. It's the only thing standing between me and bed time.
While shopping today, I tried to pick up some things that I know are relatively healthy and easy for me to eat at work. But, man, the protein bar game has significantly changed since I was last looking. I ended up buying both variety packs of protein bars from Costco in addition to some fiber one protein bars. We shall see. Today I tried both the fiber one protein bars, causing me to go a little over my calorie counts for the day, but they're decent. Nothing amazing, but they don't taste like chalk. How's that for a review for you, lol.
Lunch
Green tea: No calories!
High protein snack
Dinner (believe it or not, the rice and meat servings are less than the recommended serving size)
Reyah wanted a photo of her food
So did Zayders
Nasur did not want his photo taken
Reyah wanted a second photo
I was impressed these were only 90 calories, but it's because they're tiiiiiiny
Tomorrow I have my last physical therapy session after work. I'm unsure how that'll affect my ability to get to the gym. It might be an elliptical at home sort of day. We shall see.
Here's today's breakdown:









I like that calorie tracker! What app do you use? I know counting calories is exhausting but if you get into it and it truly helps, it's worth it! YOU are worth it. You're worth every option, every "no" to sweets, every gym session, every available tool to help you be healthy physically and mentally. You can do it!!
ReplyDelete