Sorry for my lack of posts, my millions of fans! I've just been so utterly exhausted with all the call lately. I was on call again on Monday and got very little sleep. Thankfully, I'm not on call again until next Saturday!
I also haven't been to the gym in a while. So, today, after the office, I headed to the gym and did an hour's worth of walking. It felt fine while I was walking, but man oh man, my feet were killing me afterwards. My stomach was also rebelling. So, I laid on my bed in misery until Nasur came home with the kids and taco bell.
Tonight was also journal club night. I was hosting, so I put out a bunch of cheese and crackers and some wine I picked up. We talked about transgender medicine and how to better serve our transgender patients. After journal club, I cleaned up and am getting ready for bed. I used my plantar fasciitis spiky ball a lot tonight, so I hope my feet recover soon. I need to get some new shoes, but my newish shoes are not super comfortable, so I've been using older shoes that apparently aren't doing the trick. I'm cruising Amazon for other options. We shall see!
Oh, also yesterday was my second visit with my obesity med doc. I've got one more dose of Ozempic at 0.25mg and then will move up to 0.50mg for four weeks. I think it's made a huge difference in my life so far and we discussed that and if I'm having any side effects. We also reviewed my labs and she did say that my fasting insulin was a bit elevated, though it still was documented in the normal range. She said that is contributing a bit to my difficulty in weight loss. Who knew? Makes me feel slightly better that it's not just me failing at losing weight but my basal insulin working against me.
Planning a weigh in tomorrow or Friday.

That Brie looks delicious! Journal club sounds like fun! I'm glad you got to do something for your career. Is there anything you can do about your basal insulin? I'm excited for your next weigh in! Love you chica!
ReplyDelete