Friday, September 2, 2016

1-2-3 recap

I'm baaaaaaack! So, it's been a really long time since I've blogged. So, let's do a quick 1-2-3 recap and then move the fuck on because who cares about the past, right?

1. Nasur (my fiancé from Uganda) finally arrived in America and we got married!

On our wedding(ish) day
For those of you who have been forever loyal read this blog before, you know that I met Nasur in Uganda while doing some medical work back in 2012. We tried (and failed) to get him over here on a simple visitor's visa, so we applied for a fiancĂ© visa in June 2015 and he arrived just in time for New Year's 2016. His visa stipulated that we get married within 90 days, so we signed a marriage certificate in March and the rest is history. We might do a reception when we're less broke we're able.

2. I became a second year resident
Me + handful of co-workers
I got through first year of residency with minimal battle scars. I learned what it was to work 80+ hours a week and take care of a floor full of pregnant women without losing my shit. I also learned the importance of being kind to your co-workers no matter what the situation. I haven't worked a lot of 24 hour shifts, but when I do, people being dicks is the last thing you want to deal with.

3. I gained some weight

Nasur and me in Saugatuck


Working as much as I do and not prioritizing my own health helped me put back on pretty much all the weight I lost last year. I had quite a few feeble attempts to lose weight throughout this year, but I just haven't committed myself. I can't tell you how many times I've told myself, "Eh, I'll just start tomorrow." Also, do you know how hard it is to not eat the hospital cookies? It's really fucking hard. 


So, it's time for some change. I've got some ideas, but my best one was coming back to this little online love nest and coming back to SparkPeople, which is an online community committed to supporting those who are trying to make positive changes in their lives. 


Stay tuned for some ramblings about my life, weight loss, and goals more fun!

1 comment:

  1. As one of your long-time readers (lurkers), I am so happy that you are back to blogging and big congrats on your wedding! A new chapter in your life with a lot of exciting things happening for you! I am sure, with healthy eating and regular exercising, your weight-loss will follow. Perhaps you and Nasur can help motivating each other? You know what they say.. a couple who works out together stays together ;) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete