Monday, November 16, 2015

The scale is dead...pwhew!

So, my scale batteries have died. Thank God. Last week my eating was erratic, at best, and downright excessive at worst. This week, it's not going to be like that because I really want to feel good about myself and the choices I make and last week, I felt pretty crummy about myself.

So, today I fasted as a kind of reset for myself. That was good. And when I got home (after going to the gym), I didn't even overdo it. I think that's one of the hardest things about fasting - it's hard to not overdo it when you do eat. And I guess I should explain that it's not true fasting - it's ~600 calories for the day split between breakfast and dinner with as long as possible between the two meals. So, today it was about 13 hours between each meal, during which you stay as hydrated as best you can and your body gets over itself and starts breaking down stored fats. You do this twice a week. I read a whole book about intermittent fasting and how to do it. So, I'm not an expert, but there's some science behind it. It's thought that fasting helps your body crave healthier foods and make better use of the food it does get. So, who knows. I've been doing this on and off since July and I like it.

In other news, I have dinner plans tomorrow at the Cheesecake Factory, which is going to be amazing. I've already been looking at the Skinnylicious menu so that I don't do too much damage when I go there.

Other than that, Nasur had his medical exam last week and doesn't have syphilis or TB, which are apparently the only two communicable diseases the United States cares about. He passed and now we're waiting for his embassy interview in the beginning of December. We're hoping he'll be here by Christmas. 

Anywho, that's about it for me for now. Food pictures are below, but don't judge me for eating almost the same thing every single day. It's easy and I like it.

Dinner
Breakfast

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I eat the same breakfast every single day that I work and I also pack the same snacks. So boring 😚

    ReplyDelete