I woke up nice and early, made myself a yummy breakfast, and grabbed the yogurt protein smoothie to go.
![]() |
| Eggs, toast, farmer's market strawberries, watermelon |
![]() |
| Free lunch tastes better than lunch you pay for ;-) |
![]() |
| Yum |
My workout today was just okay. There are only 5 of the ellipticals that I really like (the ones that let you ramp up the resistance) and they were all taken. I was in a bit of a cardio pickle. I wanted to do some cardio, but I didn't want to run. And I feel super lame just walking on a treadmill. So, I tried doing an interval workout on a different type of elliptical, but it wasn't getting my heart rate up enough. I tried just moving as fast as possible, but I wasn't thrilled with that either. Sooo, about 10 minutes into that, one of those ellipticals opened up and I finished my workout on that. It was waaaay harder than the elliptical I was already on. That being said, I think I need to explore some new cardio options. Anyone have any suggestions?
After dinner, I ran to meijer to grab some ingredients I need to marinate some fish I want for tomorrow night and then I came home and quickly made a sandwich because I was pretty damn hungry. I got to use some of my farmer's market tomatoes and lettuce, so it was pretty much the bomb. I thought I snapped a pic, but I didn't. But, I did snap a pic of my Tropicana fruit/veggie juice. I measured it out to make sure I got my 8 oz.
![]() |
| 1 serving of fruit + 1 serving of veggies in 8 oz! |
Tomorrow I have a conference for most of the day, so I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow - until like 5:30 a.m. Yay! Buuut, while I'm learning about fetal heart tones, I'm hoping some of you fabulous readers can suggest a good idea of what I can do for cardio in case I'm in a cardio pickle again.
So, what do you do for cardio? I have a whole gym at my disposal...




I get bored with cardio so I have a whole wheelhouse of stuff I rotate between!
ReplyDelete1. Have you tried the rowing machine? It's weird at first but it uses both arms and legs so it's good cardio
2. If you don't like regular walking on the treadmill, have you tried incline treadmill walking? Cranking up the incline makes me huff and puff harder than jogging!
3. How about a tabata circuit? I like to do 45 seconds, followed by 15 seconds of rest, for 10 minutes: jumping jacks, mountain climbers, jump squats, high knees, etc. It kicks my butt!
Cardio suggestions:
ReplyDeleteAgree with the above suggestion about incline walking! Also want to suggest cycling. Much easier on the knees than running. A lot of gyms have really good spinning classes that always help me work harder and for longer than I would on my own.
Kickboxing or turbokick knocks me out every time. When you can't get to the gym, do jumping jacks or dance party moves every 10-15 minutes, or during commercials if you're watching TV. Some days you just can't do cardio or you can't get to the gym, and those are days you can watch your food more.
ReplyDelete