Today started out rough. I had such a hard time getting out of bed. Physically. Like my back hurt so much. I've never had pain like that before. I had to use the wall to walk myself to the bathroom and getting into the shower was a struggle. I just stood under the hot water, willing my muscles to calm the eff down. Eventually, they quieted themselves, but today was still a struggle.
The rest of the day was okay. It was Columbus day, so the clinic was pretty slow. I had one surgery at the end of the day and then I walked my butt over to the medical education building and worked out. It was just a cardio day - 40 minutes of the elliptical. I had the place to myself until about halfway through my workout. Two men were in the teeny room with my sweating butt for the second half of my workout. But, I'm glad I went. Does my back feel better? Not really, buuuut it's hopefully a step in the right direction!
Here is today's [phone] documentation of breakfast:
I had other photos from the day, but my phone hasn't yet uploaded them to the cloud or wherever they go, so I guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Update: Here are the rest of the day's photos:
Tomorrow's goal is to do some strength training post-work. I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty dead by the end of the day because it's a surgery day, but I'm going to do it for you! Anyone want to join me on my slightly less than two week challenge? Lisa's setting some goals for herself and is going to join! We'd love the company.



No comments:
Post a Comment