Sunday, May 22, 2011

So I thought I was crazy, but it turns out it was hormone-induced

This past week has been awesome in terms of friends being here and having stuff to do at work. It has not been so awesome when it has come to being good about what's going on my plate/in my belly, mostly because portion control and well-balanced meals went out the window. While I couldn't understand my cravings/constant need to be munching on something/desire to eat anything that was sugar-based, I understand it a bit better now. This seems to happen every time right before I have my period. So, I'm going to start tracking it so that I have an idea when the cravings are going to hit so I can plan ahead and clear my apartment of anything that may be  a danger/temptation.


Anywho, today was awesome. I woke up around 9:30, headed to the gym even though I really didn't want to and made it home by 11. After screwing around on the interwebs for a while, I had a quick lunch outside on my balcony.
PB&J, grapes, and cantaloupe
After lunch, Lisa came over so that we could go rollerblading together. We decided to hit up the rail trail down by the tridge. It was a beautiful day!
Tridge in the background
Lisa and me - we're ready to blade!
A stop on our blading adventure: the railing's covering the river, but it's there (and nice and dirty)
Taking a pic of ourselves in the shade
While blading, Lisa's front wheel on her blade started acting funny and she was having a struggle time. We ended up splitting up so I could blade back to the car and pick up Lisa. It turns out her wheel kind of melted (it was 82°F). It also had a tear in it. She was sad.

After blading, we cooled off a bit by drinking slurpees on my balcony. My favorite kind is the blue. I know there's technically a flavor associated with it, but I always call it blue (it's blue raspberry, for the record).
After cooling down a bit, we went swimming in the pool at my apartment complex and laid out for a bit. However, it began sprinkling so we high-tailed it back to my apartment. Fortunately we left before the downpour/hailstorm/windstorm started. Eventually, it got bad enough that we decided to hide in the bathroom for a while. When we came back out, we found this:
Winter in 82°F weather...

Flash flood!



They just planted these flowers yesterday - I think they're dead :-(


Lisa's car went green (pun intended)
After the epic storm, Lisa and I played some wii games and then she headed off to have dinner and a movie with her mother. I cleaned my kitchen, vacuumed a bit, and then talked with Mili on skype for a bit over an hour! I can't clearly recall when we spoke last, so it was lovely catching up with her and hearing about life in Spain. Fortunately she'll be Stateside soon, so I'll hopefully be able to see her again soon!
This is Mili and me, back in 2009
Anywho, after chatting with Mili, I chatted with Co (my roommate from freshman year) about my upcoming trip to see her in Colorado. She sent us (us being Anna and me - we're going to see her together) a list of fun things to do in her area. So, to gear up for some rugged Colorado times, I shall be going to the gym everyday this week! Woo hoo! I was also planning on biking to work this week to build up my legs even more, but I'm not sure that'll happen. Why? Because of this:
Perhaps it'll clear up. The good news is that Colorado is supposed to be gorgeous by the time we get there!

4 comments:

  1. Yay your blog!! I love reading it (and srsly not just cuz I'm in this one!) Mostly it's watching how much BUTT you're kicking!! You totally out-roller bladed me today and it wasn't just cuz of the broken wheel! You're legit more in shape than me. I completely applaud that! It's giving me motivation to get a work out plan together and buy Wii Zumba. You are an inspiration to all of us, Danika. I love you sooooo much!! Can't wait til AAAAuuuugussst!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, epic picture with the SUV driving through the water, I really like the action shot :) .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Snow and a flash flood all in the same day. Gotta love Michigan. (PS- my mom told me the white fluffies started snowing down. I hate those things so much).

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lisa: I wish you were here the whole summer so we could do wii Zumba together!

    @Matt: I know - I am totes the world's best photographer.

    @Jenna: I don't love Michigan. Why? Because you're not here. Boooooo.

    ReplyDelete